Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2022, 03:12 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by raboud View Post
Our Class A came with a 3 burner propane stove and a propane oven. Other than testing the oven to make sure it works we've never used the darn thing. My question is "Does anybody actually use the RV oven and if so for what?".

The interior of the oven looks tiny and somehow, for reasons I can't explain I don't think the oven would reach and maintain a reasonable baking temperature using propane.

Thoughts?
Well, you obviously don't cook much, we use ours very often. When we purchased our 5th it had a silly good only for cookies or pizza oven. We demanded that they install the larger oven or they can keep the darn thing, well, they replaced it. My wife cooks cakes, pies, whole chicken, pork roasts, etc. When you are living in an RV for half a year every year, you need to eat the same way you do at home, so you have to cook the same way as well, and we do. We are very pleased that we have a half decent oven we can cook with.
Bazou7101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2022, 03:31 PM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
We use ours, more so in cool weather, it's great for cooking pizza, cooking casserole meals, warming bread, or warming plates etc. I wouldn't own a motorhome without one.
Tilted Kilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 03:31 PM   #59

Never use

In the 15 or so years with our camper we have never used the oven! But then we usually only take short outings 4 days or less nearby...
aleeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 04:12 PM   #60

Jayco Owners Club
I have ninja foodie that bakes roasts air fries etc I use for most things that need baking. I also use a convection plate rather than stovetop. I also use a ninja crock pot. I haven’t needed to use my oven yet. I will if I find it necessary but it’s so small I can’t even fit a cookie sheet in it.
SLAJMARTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 04:13 PM   #61

We have a 2014 ACE and have never used it. I tried to light it this Spring and it doesn't work so we put an Air fryer toaster oven on the counter. Also an Instant pot so this covers all the appliances.
Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 05:02 PM   #62

Quote:
Our Class A came with a 3 burner propane stove and a propane oven. Other than testing the oven to make sure it works we've never used the darn thing. My question is "Does anybody actually use the RV oven and if so for what?".

The interior of the oven looks tiny and somehow, for reasons I can't explain I don't think the oven would reach and maintain a reasonable baking temperature using propane.

Thoughts?
2 coaches back we had the three burner and oven. I have the fully electric now and a convection oven. I miss that old unit. You can bake, broil, heat all without changing the mode on the convection/microwave. I do like the induction burners but really miss the versatility of the propane oven. Pies, cakes, casarolls, cookies, biscuits and many dishes are not as easy without my propane oven.
ronboatplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 05:12 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
The glorified hair dryer fails this every time..
Hahaha! This is exactly how I feel about it! Give me a real oven anyday.
TRNewsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 05:38 PM   #64

All the time. Cooking bread , pizza, keish, cup cakes. You name it. Now we travel with a 2 and 4 year old so going out all the time is just not practical
Jmckinstris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 05:56 PM   #65

All the Time

Quote:

Thoughts?
Yep, we use ours all the time. Just keep an eye on the temp. Wait until it comes up to temperature for a solid 5 minutes and then watch it while you are baking.
BikesAndGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 06:26 PM   #66

Quote:
We have a 22" Blackstone with a hood, how do you cook a pizza on it? We've always had issues with the griddle not getting hot enough, not to mention not melting the cheese on top. My wife is wanting us to get an Ooni pizza oven to take with us for Pizza night.

We also have a 36" Blackstone at home that gets to about 550 but has no hood.
No grill, Blackstone, Weber, or otherwise will get near the temperature the Ooni will, nor will these grills give you sufficient top heat to get crust leoparding and good cheese color. For pizza, the Ooni is very hard to beat for a home (or trailer) cook. Get the 16"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam View Post
I'm using a 22" with the lid. DW makes a thick crust dough that is a bit on the wet side on sheets of parchment paper. I keep the temp down about medium to give sufficient time for the dough to cook with the lid down. The lower temp and longer cooking time also gives the cheese time to melt. I pull the parchment paper after a couple minutes when the dough has started cooking and is starting to crisp up.
Maybe look at pizza screens? You can make the pizza on them and bake on them without having to remove them halfway through. Parchment also keeps in the moisture and inhibits crust color.

The advantage of a wetter dough is that it rises quickly and can come out lighter, but it can be a little harder to handle.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 06:26 PM   #67

Quote:

Thoughts?
I love ours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0675345C-DE09-417C-8C48-2796C4314612.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	345.6 KB
ID:	377357  
SC Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 06:28 PM   #68

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet is that the oven MUST be level to cook evenly. If it's off even a bit, you'll have hot spots.
propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 06:53 PM   #69

Yes, but...

We are pretty assistant on having the oven because my wife bakes a lot but it has a convection microwave and as we've gotten used to using that we find we use the oven less and less. I don't think we're ready to get rid of it yet though.

=raboud;6313338]Our Class A came with a 3 burner propane stove and a propane oven. Other than testing the oven to make sure it works we've never used the darn thing. My question is "Does anybody actually use the RV oven and if so for what?".

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
azlandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 06:55 PM   #70

It was a requirement when we bought our 99 Trade Winds but since it has a convection microwave my wife is doing her baking and other cooking that she would use the oven for in the convection microwave. I don't think we're ready to give it up yet but when we go full time maybe.
azlandman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oven