Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbustoo View Post
I too reread the OP to see how I missed the “park model” reference. Unbelievable!!! What's that game called?
Two different and separate critters here. The OP's profile mentions his own rig as being a park model. The rig we're talking about being used as a classroom is a travel trailer, evidently parked on the same lot as the park model..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2020, 01:04 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014FR3 View Post
If you're convinced this is a disability issue, get a lawyer that knows the Federal statute for ADA. Then sue the city for $100,000, plus damages. This should get their attention and possibly take the wind out of their sails. The city should know better than to violate a federal statute. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) became law in 1990. The ADA is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in all areas of public life, including jobs, schools, transportation, and all public and private places that are open to the general public. Any TV stations in your area?
Can you cite the portion of the ADA that requires municipalities to grant zoning variances? The ADA can require a good bit, but I'm not finding where the ADA superceeds local zoning.

You can't build a nursing home in a single family zone, even though many of the residents might be covered by the ADA...
Old 09-15-2020, 06:40 AM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
That doesnt excuse the OP from using the discrimination card when clearly it is not.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:09 AM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
This very post is part of the reason our country is in dissention.
It has become common now for people to blow every issue out of proportion because THEY WANT TO BE HEARD!!! So instead of just presenting the facts and letting a common discussion occur, they elaborate the issue to get attention.
This poster knew it had zero to do with discrimination when they wrote it, but throwing that into the title certainly hot the attention they wanted.
I suspect the TRUTH is the poster was in the wrong for some time and now the authorities have decided to stop playing games and took action.
THIS is why people just yawn when someone claims DISCRIMINATION, because it's just calling "wolf" too many times, and those that suffer true discrimination aren't heard.

You're part of the problem.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:18 AM   #61

Autism

If everything you say is truthful........I would be speaking to an attorney, not a Forum. I don't see where anything related on this post will help. or do anything positive for you. That's my 1 cents worth. MOMCAT
momcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:36 AM   #62
doc

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Nothing like that in OPs post nor in OPs profile......
So is that info from when OP registered?

Park Model would change the whole scenario
If it is just a travel trailer as OP posted then the 'LIVING' in would be an issue
Look at his 'about me' on his public profile. Lori is right
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:20 PM   #63

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
Can you cite the portion of the ADA that requires municipalities to grant zoning variances? The ADA can require a good bit, but I'm not finding where the ADA superceeds local zoning.

You can't build a nursing home in a single family zone, even though many of the residents might be covered by the ADA...
International Codes (model code for his area) allow 5 or less in a residential occupancy. You *can* have a small nursing/care home.

But that is beside the point (and it does have some other caveats)

Nothing in the ADA supercedes code. The purpose and driving force of the ADA is to ensure that disabled persons have the same abilities as non-disabled persons.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:46 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
The OP lists a 34ft park model as the RV. That's not a "travel trailer". It's big & park models are designed for permanent placement...they are not towed from place to place like a travel trailer is.

I would think that, without the proper permits, a park model (or any RV for that matter) would not be allowed to be placed on your lot.

Lori-
Op was very specific that his trailer was an RV travel trailer. He should follow the rules he has chosen to live under. I agree the fine is only levied after not obeying the rule. I think OP should give more info.
Linda Bohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:57 PM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
Think its time for this thread to go to sleep............don't believe anyone has benefited from it, and the OP is gone.............
Old 09-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #66

The OP has a Park Model as he states in his Profile. He wants to place a travel trailer in his yard. Two different things.

Lots of confusion here.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:05 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Two different and separate critters here. The OP's profile mentions his own rig as being a park model. The rig we're talking about being used as a classroom is a travel trailer, evidently parked on the same lot as the park model..
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
The OP has a Park Model as he states in his Profile. He wants to place a travel trailer in his yard. Two different things.

Lots of confusion here.
Okay, just for clarification, from where does this information, above, come?

The OP joined in Sept. 2020. His profile created shortly thereafter. He has only one post. I have read nothing to indicate he is talking about a trailer that is different than the one in his profile. It may or may not be a different trailer, but I can see no evidence for the above two posts.

If I missed the evidence, please inform me as a different trailer is certainly a possibility. At this point, however, the OP has not returned to clarify anything.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:38 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-n-BJ View Post
International Codes (model code for his area) allow 5 or less in a residential occupancy. You *can* have a small nursing/care home.
I practiced law, in his area, for thirty + years and have never ever heard of this crap. I don't know how long you practiced law in Pennsylvania or where you got this crap, but I'd be delighted to hear an explanation.
adriangordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:38 PM   #69

I may be reading it wrong but his profile states he has a 34' Heirloom Park Model but he mentions about parking a 'travel trailer' in the yard.

His Park Model is his home. Park Models are typically not 'travel trailers' but perhaps he's using that terminology. They are usually stationery set up with plumbing as they don't have holding tanks.

Look at the picture in this post of his 34' Heirloom Park Model. Would you call that a travel trailer? Read the description. It's called a 'tiny home'.

Guess we'll never correctly know.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:15 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss68 View Post
From his profile

About Autism
City
Lansdale
State or Province
Pa
Country
United States
RV Manufacturer
Heirloom
RV Model
Park Model
RV Length

Heirloom Park Model website https://www.tinyheirloom.com/signature-series/
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Look at his 'about me' on his public profile. Lori is right

On 9-8 day of OPs original post I checked the profile
About Me had nothing, nada, no info
THAT is why I kept asking '
(See Post #44)

Course if folks would actually READ the WHOLE thread before posting they would have a better insight to others posting
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr