Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2022, 09:21 AM   #43

For heat, 12V or battery-operated fans like these: https://smile.amazon.com/O2COOL-Batt.../dp/B071W1GBX8
For cold, just run the propane furnace and use more blankets. The furnace blower motor takes a fair bit of power so more batteries might be needed to get through the night, and a way to charge them (solar is nice) during the day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2022, 09:42 AM   #44

Only real solution is to roll the dice on a dc air system but they are really meant for cooling truck cabs or pick better locations.

Our summers are 110+ so if the high at our destination is a over 80 we pick somewhere else. Summer camping is about escaping the heat. 80s during the day lead to 50s or lower at night.
vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:13 AM   #45

Agreed ..

. After sun down and take interior to chilly as possible and dehumidified keep it closed up, It will remain comfortable for a quite a while in reasonable temps. If 95-100f at night that's a different story. The better the construction and insulation the easier it is. Heating with LP or diesel is easier thing to keep up with battery wise than ACs . Much easier as well adding clothes or blankets when cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTTransplant View Post
One of the tricks on a hot night is to cool the rig down way colder than normal, maybe even 65. Then turn off AC (and gennie), turn on some fans, and sleep with just a sheet. Depending on your rig’s insulation, you will probably be just fine. Also try not to let the sun inside by using blackout shades on the side the sun is. For heat, use propane or diesel fired AquaHot (or equivalent). And the only reason for a generator after park hours is a medical emergency. A CPAP doesn’t count. If you want to camp with a CPAP and no shore power, get one you can run overnight on your batteries. Some of my friends got their COAP originally to run off-grid, other friends had to add batteries, but it can be done.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:27 AM   #46

I am fine with whatever rules are in place. If not, we don’t use their facility.

My one exception, in hot weather, is if facility power fails or is lacking, my gen is on for AC. I mention this at check in. Have received “of course” responses from all locations so far, no mention of disapproval. DW’s hot flashes are no joke…
Do26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:40 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
You asked someone in a Government organization to change the rules for you..... regardless of how much sense it made???.... and then thinking that someone might actually make a reasonable decision................now THAT is funny
I know, I know, but it didn't hurt too much to ask, and I didn't expect that the rules would change. LOL
Old 07-27-2022, 10:52 AM   #48
Community Moderator

https://youtu.be/tAq5AE1TjCM
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 11:58 AM   #49

For those who don't want to click on an untitled video link (above), it's a review of a $700 "Zero Breeze MkII" portable air conditioner that appears to run off a proprietary battery pack or a 120v plugin. So it might be viable on coach batteries through an inverter. New to me, might be something that could cool a coach bedroom and solve the whole generator issue on hot nights. I can buy a non-Honda inverter generator that will run a roof AC for about that much so one might not really a solution for me but for the OP wanting to run some AC after generator time is over one, or two, might do the trick.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 02:30 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
You asked someone in a Government organization to change the rules for you..... regardless of how much sense it made???.... and then thinking that someone might actually make a reasonable decision................now THAT is funny
Who get's to define an "emergency"...or in this case "no matter how much sense" it makes?

The number one reason civil suits are won against the "Government" are not because workers made mistakes...it's because the "Government" didn't follow it's own rules/regulations.

Working within the government gives one inside knowledge sometimes why it seems like the government had it's head somewhere we don't discuss when it's really the general population forcing it to make decisions "regardless of how much sense it makes".

Private parks get to use a little more "leadership' in allowing a little latitude, but often they don't as has been pointed out in many threads that managers get beat up for "making allowances". It's like bad leadership or parenting where everyone gets punished because of the few.
Psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 03:39 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
For those who don't want to click on an untitled video link (above), it's a review of a $700 "Zero Breeze MkII" portable air conditioner that appears to run off a proprietary battery pack or a 120v plugin.
The comments in the Review stated $2000 w/batteries! ... well, actually $1900. Just camp in a cooler place.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 03:41 PM   #52

I wish the OP would return with more information on his problem or solution.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:29 PM   #53

The op hasn’t been back since he started this thread. Just your standard drive by poster!
Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 05:18 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We stay in full hookup RV parks and RV resorts.. Most have a no generator rule at all hours.

The rules are enforced.

If the campground losses power then people tend to run the generators and nobody has an issue. If just your rig has a problem or just your spot has a problem then you need to follow the rules.

Many use our auto start generator feature when we are gone for the day. If we lose power the generator kicks on. A bus in the sun can quickly become to hot for pets. Again, no issue if the park losses power. Other than that nobody uses a generator at any hour or they would be asked to turn it off or leave.

You can also get away with pulling into the park with your generator running and HVAC’s cranking until you get parked and hooked up.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 05:39 PM   #55

I always comply with the rules. Nothing to me is any more aggravating than having someone nearby who doesn't. You are laying there uncomfortably warm thinking about that clown sleeping away with the AC running.
The best thing to do is to mention it the next day to someone with authority and let them handle it. If there is a medical reason that's a whole different issue. I understand. I'd just like to know so I can sleep better.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:52 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
The comments in the Review stated $2000 w/batteries! ... well, actually $1900. Just camp in a cooler place.
The price I was going by is here: https://electricboardingco.com/produ...gle%20Shopping

I have noticed of late there are websites that appear like normal "storefronts" but offer suspiciously lower prices on things than places like Amazon or eBay. This may be just such a one if the normal retail price is supposed to be close to two thousand dollars. Oh yes, and how about "NOPE". If it had "Milwaukee", "Dewalt" or something that on the side of it then it might just barely be worth looking into for that kind of price. Still not me though.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, heat, rv park