Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2018, 06:11 AM   #1

rv park build ... lottery funded?

while discussing prevosts someone mentioned "if i win the lottery" ...

that got me to thinking along the same lines..
about what i would do if i won the lottery.

and one thought was..
would i go build an awesome rv park? top drawer everything.. which leads to . what is top drawer?

so, i'm asking..
what would you want to see? i call them "what if" questions.
what if i (you) won the mega super duper power ball and you had spent a year settling into the routine. now i'm going to build a top drawer rv park.
describe it for us.. what features.. what do i need to plan for?

my first thought, is that a high level of security would be nice... but i'm not even sure what that would involve.. help me out..
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2018, 06:28 AM   #2

Nobody in it but me and the folks I invite. And no blinky laser lights or rope lighting lighting permitted.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:53 AM   #3

Since you asked...top drawer would be anything unlike a RV park. I avoid RV parks like the plague as the sites are always too close together. I'd suggest 50 feet between every site and trees/bushes providing both privacy and shade. Any place that needs a high level of security would be avoided. In other words make it feel like your parking (camping?) in the great outdoors, not a refugee camp for the well heeled.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:06 AM   #4

Security is never a bad idea now days, better if its there and rarely seen... As said, nice wide spaces, some trees, "full hookups" Including a nice cable... (I like my tv) On that note have some clear sites for those with sattellite. A water view is always high on my list,,, how about some built in water features along with the plants,trees and such. Quiet time like many have, no loud outdoor music, Unless you are going to sponser a decent concert... But then, the older I get, I like quiet. Nice paved wide roads, overall, just put together several good parks into one.... As long as its not $100 a night, we would be there...
Monkey
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:10 AM   #5

My campground would have lots of space between sites. Plenty of trees. A medium size lake. Full hook ups. Disc golf course. Mini golf course. Heated pool. An area for weekly group campfires. Real usable cable and wifi. And most important........no rv's under 10 years old allowed.
MotorPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:21 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorPro View Post
My campground would have lots of space between sites. Plenty of trees. A medium size lake. Full hook ups. Disc golf course. Mini golf course. Heated pool. An area for weekly group campfires. Real usable cable and wifi. And most important........no rv's under 10 years old allowed.
Took a second, but I got that!
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #7

none under 10 years.... Good one !!! Really !!! We recently had a 95 class A that I kept looking better than a lot of new ones ! Even replaced the yellowed head lights... shiny wheels, etc...
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:43 AM   #8

No permanent residents allowed. 30 days max. and out you go. No outside dog pins or inflatable ornaments allowed. Waterfront campsites with good cable TV and plenty of room for a campfire. Basically just a Corp of Engineers campground with cable TV, sewer and good WiFi.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #9

Regarding Me and the biggest jackpot,....I would give a few million to my sister, and ask her to donate it to her favorite charities. THEN,.....nobody would ever hear from me again.
Cloud Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:27 PM   #10

This..... Mountain Falls Luxury Motorcoach Resort | Blue Ridge Mountains Motorcoach Resort | Blue RidgeMotorcoach Resort | Mountain Falls

Maybe more space in between and allow more for class C and super C.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #11

clubhouse?

as stated we are newbies!
we've only been to a few regional campouts.

most have small clubhouses, but frequently small and maybe no kitchen..
no complaint as fees 25 to 35/night.

but what if.... huge clubhouse. meeting rooms. large kitchen (good for a group dinner) and a great view over the previously mentioned lake.
nice pools next to clubhouse. changing/shower rooms

kitchen dining available on request, but most weekends kitchen manned by local restaurants for dining. bottom floor being a basement.. built real stout to provide protection in event of a storm.

powell, great suggestion. very nice!
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:19 PM   #12

I don't like the 10 year old rule either. A lot of folks spend a lot of time and effort maintaining their RVs and they look just as good as the new ones. I've always considered that a rule of the "rich and snobbish".
Now, for ideas I would like. Wide, paved, level landscaped sites correctly angled for easy in and out. No pine trees to dump sap on everything in sight. A good adults only pool and hot tub with a tiki hut bar area which opens daily from 9 AM and goes until whenever we decide to call it a night. A stocked fishing pond. A nice, large, fenced in dog park. If it was located within walking distance of a craft brewery, fresh fish market, and produce stand that would be a plus. Change machine in the laundry area with actual change in it (that may be asking for a little much). Wow, we may come up with the perfect campground at this rate, lol.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
The ten year old rule seems dated as our class A looks new and is eight years old. Guess I need to lie if they ask because they would never know unless I told them. I get that they do not want beaters so a different way to differentiate needs to be determined. I am sure a lawyer came up with ten years so back to work and come up with a way to not discriminate but allow the park owner to keep a quality feeling to their park.
Alan24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:45 PM   #14

Foretravel Owners Club
Hmmmmm
After continually witnessing 1st time buyers make unnecessary & costly mistakes... A need does exist.......
Location...
Indian reservation,, seclusion without all of the taxes and government "oversight"
On or near water
4 season campground
Within a days drive from the major RV manufacturers or large RV sales hubs.
Meeting hall with group cookout amenities
On site or nearby RV dianogstic's center (sponsored & partially supported by the largest RV mfg'rs & Dealers..
Register and receive funding for Adult RV "Home Schooling"...( I wonder if?...)
Flying The American Flag is encouraged...others not so much....

Welcome to Camp Newbie!

New Rv Owners or "new to You" RV' owners
One section for "wet(full hookup's)
Another section for Dry/Boondocking. (water & dump site set up for all sizes of RV's)
6 day minimum stay...ie:
3 days wet (FHU)
3 days dry/booniedocking.......run that gennie!
Maximum stay is 14 days... If you don't learn by then.......

Last section is for experienced RV'rs , primo sites, FHU, may be seasonal..
The experienced RV'rs are expected to be work campers/mentors for all the newbies...
Some things they will be involved in....
Provide instructional seminars for all the systems on a RV.
Campground & boonie/wilderness etiquette.
"Keep it simple stupud" cooking & RV house keeping seminars,
light maintenance and grounds house keeping

For this effort they receive vastly reduced camping fees, or a small stipend.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote