Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2012, 11:17 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane nutty View Post

Great perspective...I'd love to think that way. I'm trying my hardest to be more CampDavenlike!
Thanks Plane nutty.
I cant change them.
They cant change me.
But I can smile.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Home made biscuits and sausage gravy, made right in our own motorhome.

Beats Cracker Barrel any day.
Thats the way to go. Stop at a nice rest area, enjoy a good meal, take a break and enjoy life!!

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #45

Quote:
The CT State Police make a habit of patrolling the service plazas and ticketing anything parked in the car/light truck/motorcycle parking area that doesn't belong there.
Perhaps things are different in service plazas or maybe CT. In the three areas I was involved with private business parking lots, the only spaces that had any legal standing were handicapped spots. All the courtesy slots, like mothers with children, small car, oversize vehicle, etc., were more suggestions than carry any legal weight. The only enforcement possibility would be if the owner wanted to trespass the offender off the property.

So the CB manager might be faced with a rock and a hard place. Who does he upset getting involved in the rv/car dispute? Does he upset the auto driver parked in the rv slot that might turn out to be a regular customer, or the rv driver who is most likely transient and probably will be back infrequently, if ever?
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #46
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselclacker View Post
Sounds like some enforcement of rules should be provided by the management of the establishment.
The problem is that usually the "manager" is a 20 something year old and he has been told to not get the patrons angry and they have more customers in cars than RVs.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #47

I have often thought that making my toad a forklift would be helpful in situations like these.

Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #48

I wrote a letter to CB several years ago, they are not going to do anything to upset other customers. Their response was a nice letter but they would not do anything.
A friend of mine in a 5th wheel parked on front of about a dozen cars parked in the RV spots and refused to move until he finished his meal. He made some people unhappy but he made his point.
If I stop at CB I stop before 11:30 and usually don't have a problem.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #49

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There is only one concrete way to fix this problem. CB should do away with RV/Bus specific parking. A business is better served not saying they provide a service if they can't follow through, which is the case with this situation. JMHO.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #50

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
The problem is that usually the "manager" is a 20 something year old and he has been told to not get the patrons angry and they have more customers in cars than RVs.

Ken

Good point.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
A lot of drivers do not have a clue how anything that they do will impact anyone in a negative manner. A few moths back we made a quick stop for a snack at a Flying J...did not need fuel...especially at that price. They had an area away from the pumps marked for RV/truck parking. There were 3 cars there parked sideways to the parking area. I picked the slot that I could get in and pulled up as far as I could get. When my wife got back the idiot had l parked there and was flapping his lips at the cell phone. The whole time, I was there in this big white dually about 6" from his right front fender...36' of 5er in tow. Guess he never saw me when he pulled in across the front of me. To get him to move I tooted the horn gently...no response. I leaned on the horn and he jumped. I had to honk again and motion him to move it.

Not a clue.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 12-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #52

Country Coach Owners Club
quote from txiceman

Ken

You know with all the lay offs and down sizing it sure seems CB could find some good managers. I know there are some there
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
This is one of the reasons we don't do Cracker Barrel. The other is the fact that almost every item in their gift shop says "Made in China" on the bottom.
O gees! And I thought that was what the term "fine china" meant. I guess I'll have to think on that a bit more.. Happy New Year any way
Old 12-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #54

Country Coach Owners Club
My DW and I have been MHing about 11 months as time permite. On 4 seperate occassions she wanted to go into a mall while we were pulling our toad. I went way out in the parking lot not remotely near any car. When we came out there is a car within 6 feet of my bumper and on 2 occassions one was behind the toad. I guess our new call to rally is "can't fix stupid but we can try!!!!
gutsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #55
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsgolf View Post
I guess our new call to rally is "can't fix stupid but we can try!!!!
A noble cause, but I think you are destine to failure.

Ken
Old 12-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #56

I'm thinking that the spaces are getting narrower. My tundra parks within the lines, but both the right and left tires touch them. Sometimes they are over them. When I drive the church bus, It is a whole lot wider, and at the Cracker Barrel, I usually take up four spaces when I can't get it into the RV space. In Montgomery Alabama, that cracker barrel, had about seven RV spaces, so when I pulled into the space that had all four spaces vacant. I took up two and about 1 foot of the other two beside me.

Tags
handicap