Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2021, 12:45 PM   #29

Just off the press!!!
Attention all diesel owners-California has big plans for you-

See: https://camperreport.com/california-...m_medium=email

I hope this doesn't pass; we have family there...I have read how the truckers are affected with what is on the books now: any truck prior 2007 and with no DEF or other emissions, can only go 500 miles in the state to deliver goods.

But, for just passing through?

Safe travels-
Roadgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2021, 04:46 PM   #30

Prices are unrealistic in some instances. Looking at a used 2019 today, the original MSRP was about $182K. The dealer had it listed at $185K with a "sale price" of $169K. Huh! Why on earth is the listed price for a 2 year old used coach more than the original MSRP? To my way of thinking, the coach should have originally sold for at least 25% off of MSRP or about $137K. Then with 2 years depreciation it should be worth about $115K. I offered $119K. They weren't interested. They can probably find a sucker to pay a much higher and unrealistic price.

Interestingly another location of this same dealer has another 2019 of the same model with a "sale price" of $144K, even though this coach has fewer miles and a higher MSRP. Unfortunately it's not configured the way we want.

We will make offers on coaches that have what we want, but we're not willing to pay more for the pricing mistakes of other people. If they paid too much when they bought it, that's their problem. When the eventual glut of units comes to market, some of these dealers are going to have to get realistic.

Private sellers are another matter. Some of them don't even know things about the coach they own, even when they're the original owner.
Donskiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:08 PM   #31

I’m wondering if the sales are slowing a bit. We were looking at new class C’s back in October and one of the places that we were close to buying one from just called me back the other day. Yes 6 months later haha. We had bought one at the end of October so he was a little late following up
RangerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 05:43 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donskiman View Post
Prices are unrealistic in some instances. Looking at a used 2019 today, the original MSRP was about $182K. The dealer had it listed at $185K with a "sale price" of $169K. Huh! Why on earth is the listed price for a 2 year old used coach more than the original MSRP? To my way of thinking, the coach should have originally sold for at least 25% off of MSRP or about $137K. Then with 2 years depreciation it should be worth about $115K. I offered $119K. They weren't interested. They can probably find a sucker to pay a much higher and unrealistic price.

Interestingly another location of this same dealer has another 2019 of the same model with a "sale price" of $144K, even though this coach has fewer miles and a higher MSRP. Unfortunately it's not configured the way we want.
Supply and demand. There is currently a large demand and a small supply, and economics being what it is, that results in high prices and an inflationary market in RVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donskiman View Post
\
When the eventual glut of units comes to market, some of these dealers are going to have to get realistic.
But that is in the future. And personally I am not convinced that prices will ever return to what we think as "normal". Prices may drop back if the supply picks up and if the demand drops, but I suspect they will never return to what they were 2 years ago.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 05:55 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerZ View Post
Iím wondering if the sales are slowing a bit. We were looking at new class Cís back in October and one of the places that we were close to buying one from just called me back the other day. Yes 6 months later haha. We had bought one at the end of October so he was a little late following up
Perhaps it is regional.

The local sales guy was telling me that the company sold so many units last month (more than 1200 throughout their multi-state locations) that it broke their sales record and they could not believe the demand.

LTV has an 18 month wait for special orders.

Thor is selling so many Axis/Vegas 24.1 models that you can not find one to even look through. All of the dealers that I have checked with within perhaps 500 miles of where I live tell me that every single one they have coming in has been pre-sold.

Trying to find a popular mainstream RV like the Winnebago Navion/View models is very hard. Our local dealer hasn't had one that was not pre-sold in as long as we have been looking and the sales guy does not seem to have any idea if and when they will get one.

Part of this is probably the shortage of parts. Winnebago is supposed to have a backlog of RVs that they can not deliver because they can not get the air conditioning units they need for finish assembling them.

I suspect that this is going to go on until manufacturing in the US gets back to normal, and that means that probably means when COVID-19 is no longer an issue.
Old 03-13-2021, 04:25 PM   #34

Boats are the same. I went to a local boat (Gheenoe) manufacturer to see about placing an order. I was quoted a 70 week lead time.
Titusville, FL when not on the road
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:54 PM   #35

Last Sunday as a treat for Dad's birthday, our daughter drove him to one of the larger (not particularly big compared to many in the USA) Dealerships. We were being pushed on a brand new 2020 Tiffin 37AP double sinks at a much lower price compared to the 2021's - they just haven't been able to shift it! Their lot was full of all lengths of 5ers, Travel Trailers and so on. Prices have certainly escalated exponentially in the past year or so especially on the A's which sales person concurred.

Seems here that things have started slowing down on sales, but like others have said lots of other outdoor toys, like Kayaks, e-bikes, ATV's and so on are like gold dust for the mostpart.

As a general FYI: A little off topic but appears general cars/SUV auto sales have slowed exponentially up here as well. Getting several phone calls from Auto dealers that have our telephone number from almost 15/20 years ago, offering crazy discounts if we upgrade to a new escape, new murano, new honda etc.

Think with most things in life, we've gone through the lockdown phase, the pent up demand phase and now heading back into a more of a normality stage albeit still somewhat cautionary for the time being.
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:02 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDay View Post
Last Sunday as a treat for Dad's birthday, our daughter drove him to one of the larger (not particularly big compared to many in the USA) Dealerships. We were being pushed on a brand new 2020 Tiffin 37AP double sinks at a much lower price compared to the 2021's - they just haven't been able to shift it! Their lot was full of all lengths of 5ers, Travel Trailers and so on. Prices have certainly escalated exponentially in the past year or so especially on the A's which sales person concurred.

Seems here that things have started slowing down on sales, but like others have said lots of other outdoor toys, like Kayaks, e-bikes, ATV's and so on are like gold dust for the mostpart.

As a general FYI: A little off topic but appears general cars/SUV auto sales have slowed exponentially up here as well. Getting several phone calls from Auto dealers that have our telephone number from almost 15/20 years ago, offering crazy discounts if we upgrade to a new escape, new murano, new honda etc.

Think with most things in life, we've gone through the lockdown phase, the pent up demand phase and now heading back into a more of a normality stage albeit still somewhat cautionary for the time being.
The shortages that I have seen are pretty much all in Class C RVs. Our local dealer has a ton of Class Bs, TTs, and 5th wheels, and a lot of Class As, especially the larger ones, but almost no Class Cs. And that seems to also be true for those dealers I have checked with in about a 100 mile radius.

Some units can not be found at all - Leisure Travel Vans (B+), Thor Axis/Vegas 24.1 (small A), Winnebago Navion/View (small C) - while some of the less popular models are available. Prices, of course, are sky high.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:46 AM   #37

Private Sells

The market has already being flooded by private owners (mostly first time owners). When you talk to them, itís not what they expected. They do not understand the depreciation of an Rv and are currently asking inflated prices, and when they figure out they canít get their asking price, they are liquidating the Rv by selling to dealers which are currently paying higher than usual prices. First time owners taking a hit, but dealers are seeing a boom on used Rv since they canít get new models, plus they donít have to deal with the lack of quality control the manufacturer always passes to the dealer.
Tuscany3680 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale