Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2019, 04:44 PM   #71

So here's one recommendation of motion sensor lights. I like that it is the same footprint as my existing light.

https://www.amazon.com/MG1000-450W-E.../dp/B00UO6HP9Y

Price seems a tad high?

Here's a write up on them:
https://rvsolarstore.com/index.php?r...ory&path=50_54
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2019, 08:31 PM   #72

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Truly, folks, some have jumped so far off the main subject line, that I can now understand why it takes so many to screw in a light bulb. WOW.....Funny and sad at the same time.

There comes a time when you have to just walk away. The other day I came across an older woman shopping in a grocery store. She had a LARGE HANDBAG in her cart as she kept looking who was around her as if worried. I asked if she was OKay and she said she saw a news story of another woman her age who had her purse stolen out of her cart and she was worried. That's why she kept scanning the store.

I made a simple suggestion to her which seem to clam her a bit. I told her that in every shopping cart is a child's seat belt, which she could hook, through her purse and anyone taking the purse would also have to fight with the shopping cart attached. She liked the idea and felt a little better about shopping alone.

Now she knows.......But I'll always wonder about the few who could have learned some simple low-cost ways to save their bacon.

BUT NOW WANT.........
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:30 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman635UT View Post
......But I'll always wonder about the few who could have learned some simple low-cost ways to save their bacon.
Your initial post reminds me of the lady story you just told. You're looking around for all ways someone can come & get you.

How many have replied that they were accosted or robbed?

All those gadgets & precautions aren't needed and they just make you more paranoid. How do you ever relax? Awareness is the only thing you need.... common sense.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:04 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
So here's one recommendation of motion sensor lights. I like that it is the same footprint as my existing light.

https://www.amazon.com/MG1000-450W-E.../dp/B00UO6HP9Y

Price seems a tad high?
I agree that the price seemed high, but it's built in America, so pricing is going to be more. I like to support American business so I'm willing to spend the extra $$$.

Also, after comparing them against all the other offerings on Amazon, these got the best overall reviews. I like that as well. Rather buy it once and be done with it, right?

I bought 2 of these for my Phaeton, which will replace the Porch and the Road Lights. Both of the existing lights needed to be replaced anyway and I like the ideal of having them turn on/off by themselves when I'm out there in the middle of the night. Saves me having to take a flashlight or to figure out which of the 12 buttons to push when I'm stumbling around in my sleep.
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:43 PM   #75

Bad things can happen an early warning could be helpful and is useful topic to discuss.

An example of worst case:

Police may have found a vet's and his wife's bodies. Their camper was seen going into Mexico and they were not behind the wheel.

https://www.wmur.com/article/2-bodie...ouple/29614929

https://www.facebook.com/Finding-Mic...8940123868966/
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:39 PM   #76

Now identified and confirmed.
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #77

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Your initial post reminds me of the lady story you just told. You're looking around for all ways someone can come & get you.

How many have replied that they were accosted or robbed?

All those gadgets & precautions aren't needed and they just make you more paranoid. How do you ever relax? Awareness is the only thing you need.... common sense.

Now that's funny as I did not think anyone read the first introduction post I made. They did not say that I recall having been away for a few days. USE them or don't use them, they were suggestions not a MUST add to your next camping trip list.
Gee.. awareness you sound like you may know something about this? Would you care to share your ideas of self-awareness with the reader's
twogypsies, Thanks for your help on this subject
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:09 PM   #78

I just bet if anyone on this thread had a child or grandchild abducted and Dogman happen to catch a frame or two of the culprit, he wouldn't be such a paranoid guy.

Tags
safety, security alarm monitoring, security camera