Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #1

RV shows

Well time to rant a little. Just got home from the Phil rv show and what a waste of 11 dollars. Did not go there to buy a new rv but was hoping to find some venders with access. for rving well there was none there just campgroung pepole. is there any shows with venders with access for rving any more some of us have rvs and are not looking to upgrade but would like to see what is new in lighting, stoves ,carpet, hoses ect. i will not be going to any rv shows in the future hope the rv industrey get it together and realize not everyone wants a new rv just some new items .
kejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2019, 05:16 PM   #2

Found that out with the three I went to. I guess none of the people that make the accessories think that anyone is interested. Either that or they are not welcome by the dealers/manufacturers. Don't want us to see the good stuff!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #3

Try the Hershey RV show in Sept. Lots of rv's and accessories. Can take in free seminars and spend the whole day there.
gabeears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:40 PM   #4

I did go there. Same disappointment. CW has more on display then any of the RV Shows.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:48 PM   #5

Most RV "shows" are actually local dealer "sales". So just the local merchants plus some trade show shills display their wares. The exceptions are real shows like Tampa, Hershey, and Pomona. It's not just the RV industry... we attended a major metro-area golf show a number of years ago and it was 95% timeshare/vacation properties or "emu oil"-type booths, with less than half a dozen actual equipment booths, none of which were clubs but rather training aid companies.
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #6

Probably charged way to much for a space......
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:55 PM   #7

Come visit the Big Tent in Quartzite Arizona some January. Every vendor you can think of, including plenty who will come install things while you are there.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:28 AM   #8

I had considered attending the Phila. show but after looking at the vendor list on their website we decided to skip it. Sorry it was a bust for you
Tom
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:33 AM   #9

We went this year to the Dayton RV show. It was pitifully. It was 80% one dealer & no products for sale. It used to be a great show.
tundranurse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #10

There's an RV and Boat show going on this weekend just about 20 miles from us. Was thinking about going but then saw a TV advertisement for it on Friday. The ad showed a couple of bumper pull trailers and a few boats close up with not much of anything in the background. Seeing it, I knew right away that going would have been a waste of time, especially with the $10 per person entry fee.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:21 AM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Last one I went to was a waste of money. Only two MH's that I was marginally interested in were there. Nothing in the upper end like a King Air. Almost no accessory venders. There's another one going on this weekend but I won't bother. Parking is $10 per vehicle and then $12 each although they do have two for one coupons but they specifically say you can't get half off for a single, so much for us widowers.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:59 PM   #12

My wife and I have been to quite a few RV shows..not the ones where several dealers get together, but ones run by show operators like Good Sam. Other than CW, there's a lack of acc vendors for sure. I'd like to see more acc as well, but as said earlier, I'll bet the booth cost is prohibitive for many.

Big rallies can be much better.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:53 AM   #13
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
In my area all these shows are just a showroom for the dealers ( Primarily CW). They do have a few carnies selling misc. slightly rv related items but typically you will find these same vendors at the state fair. We go just to see the new RV's and their layouts. Occasionally it will give me an idea for a mod to mine. It's also fun to listen to the salespeople play their game with the newbies.
Spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:10 AM   #14

Starting the search in ernest~~~

My wife and I went to the Central NY RV show at the NY State Fair grounds in Syracuse, NY last Saturday.

Nine dealers and 600 units to see ~~~ kinda?

500 units were either travel trailers or 5th wheel, most of them were Bunk house models. Some were tent campers, maybe a half dozen Class C (which is what we are looking for) and two (2) Super C, both Renegades. maybe a half dozen Sprinter class and a few P/U truck camper type.

We did find ONE TT that the Admiral 'might' consider. It was a Fun Finder Extreme Lite 29', very nice layout, huge galley. But, we are looking for a totally enclosed single unit with opposing slides.

Anyway, it was $10 admission fee but we had a $2 discount coopin

all the class C were Leprechaun's in the 25-31' range, not a bad unit, the Admiral liked the 31' model.

we were hoping to see a Coachman Concord 300TS, but not this time.

If I could have afforded either Renegade I would have bought it on the spot, absolutely beautiful piece of equipment. Well layed out. nice cabinetry.

So now we have been to two RV's shows, but were disappointed with what was there. I think we are resolved to go to the Hersey Show in the fall. I think they will have a far more interesting variety there.

So we are off to make resevations for the weekend of the 13th-15th of Sept.

Hopefully they will have a greater variety of Class C units
Jmac00 is offline   Reply With Quote