Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #1

What has happened to all the RV related TV shows? I know the the deal with RV Today and thankfully it WILL be back in the fall, same folks differant name, differant network.

What has happened to the others, RVTV, RV Road Trips etc.. While I didn't like them as much as RV today, I still watched them all. Items shown are RV Today have caused me to open my wallet more than once. Maybe the sponsors of these programs just don't get it..

Mickey
Mickey&Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I know the the deal with RV Today and thankfully it WILL be back in the fall, same folks differant name, differant network.
What's the deal?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:24 PM   #3

RV Road Stew

I have NO relationship with the show but understand the deal was signed a couple weeks ago probably to be on a channel that broadcasts "outdoor stuff"(Network has not made formal announcement)to start this fall.

It seems evertime I watch one of these RV Shows, I spend money. I'm glad the old RV Today crew is back. I thought the show was a good balance of content with the tech stuff from Bill Gehr being my favorite.

Mickey
Old 06-03-2007, 07:38 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV TV is on the Outdoor channel Saturday mornings. It's on t 10:00am mst in AZ.

Glenn
Old 06-03-2007, 09:05 AM   #5

Im gonna have to remember that...

thanks glen & Kathy...
Old 06-04-2007, 03:10 PM   #6

I keep missing RVTV, I'll check this weekend..
Old 06-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #7

I just recently upgraded my satellite subscription which included the Outdoor channel, so last week was the first time I was able to track down RVTV. Did anyone else see it? I kept nodding off thru the entire show. Was it just me?
Old 06-16-2007, 04:40 AM   #8

I agree, the show is very boring compared to RV Today show w/ Stew. I stopped watching it.

04 Everest 343L, 07 Chevy 3500 SRW,4x4,D/A,ext.cab
R.G.Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:32 AM   #9

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally posted by R.G.Wise:
I agree, the show is very boring compared to RV Today show w/ Stew. I stopped watching it.
Ya, and those cooking ladies are enough to get me to change the channel. Those two annoy me. I got my NRA magazine the other day, and there is an advertisement in it from the Outdoor Channel saying a new lineup was coming on Saturdays, called Getaway Saturday. I'm hoping that Stew's show wil be on then. I check using a channel guide for RV Roadtrips, and that show was on at 6:00 AM central time on DIY. I'm not getting up that early to watch anything on my day off.

Stew's new show called RV Road Stew has it's own forum. Hopefully, Stew will be able to tell everybody what it going on, soon.
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rv RoadTrips is still the DIY channel. I can't tell you when because I DVR it. Do a search on your DTV guide. It's not a bad show but it's pretty basic stuff and has to many commercials.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #11

Location: Columbia SC on our way to Sweet Home Oregon ETA 25 Sept 08
Well here it is Nov 07 and still no RV Road Stew. I can't belive some smart manufacturer (Monaco or Winnebago/ITASCA) has not bought Stew a new rig for him to travel around in and then, on a weekly basis marketed one of their rigs. I can't belive the manufs' have not lined up waiting their turn, chomping at the bit,,, to sponsor a series of Stew's shows. I miss the show a lot as it made us feel more connected to where my head is at; getting out on the road and seeing this great Nation of ours. Also, I picked up a ton of tricks that make RVng easier and more fun. Folks, Stew has a web site, Google Road Show Stew and I'm sure you'll find it. The more hits he gets, the more the manufs' are going to notice our continued interest in this media and increase their motivation to support it, i.e., bring it back sooner!
Old 11-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #12

ErWeGO, if you haven't seen them already,there are some short clips of segments that will be on the RV Road Stew show WHEN(?)it finally gets back on the air. Apparently Stew and Boze have been on the road doing new segments. If and when they get back on the air. I agree with you comments about the RV manufacturers. They should be pushing hard to get this show on an appropriate channel. They can't ignore his ratings from the previous shows. Stew's show almost makes Winter in New England bearable.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #13
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
RV ROAD STEW web site.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:43 AM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Ho: I also like the RV Road Show (now RV Road Stew), so I sent them an email. They are on Wednesday nights from 8:30 to 9:30 EST on the Outdoor Channel. If somebody already said this I apologize fror repeating.
Dirk
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote