Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2021, 02:48 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Been paying $350 w/20 A service monthly for inside storage for almost 2 years now. Inside storage is a rare breed here on the Space Coast and this place is well run with dump/wash stations, dumpster access and compressed air. They also will allow light maintenance and have 30/50 Amp service in the outside parking area and is very secure. The maintenance aspect is how I justify the costs.

The place has a waiting list and is always full...you have to pay whether you're there or out traveling to keep your spot. It hurts, but it's a supply/demand thing, I guess. C-19 has kept ours stored except for the hour long maintenance runs.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2021, 04:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
We've been renting a spot in a local storage yard for 32 years now - it's about 6 miles from our house and is a really nice secure lot. Over the years the rent has increased regularly and it is up to $150 per month now. A few days ago we received a notice that in January the rent will be increasing to $350 per month, and they will be adding an extra $100 per year for an "administrative fee"! Boy, did THAT take us by surprise!

Here in the SF Bay Area of California RV storage is pretty much at 100% occupancy so we took several days calling and emailing every storage yard within 50 miles, looking for a vacancy at a decent price. Finally found a place that is as secure as our current place, and they want $230 per month, and offer a 10% discount for veterans. It's only 12 miles from the house and they had about 10 spots available, and they offered the first month free - we drove over and signed up yesterday.

Now we can tell the greedy owners of our current place that their more than doubling the rent caused them to lose a long-time tenant!
I suspect your former space is already rented again at the new rate, If storage space is in such demand.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 06:01 PM   #17

man i really feel lucky.i'm out on an acreage and put up a 42x60 pole building,have room for all my cars,lawnmowers skid loader backhoe and my motorhome,and still have room i could fit a small class a or a good size class c.
catmandoo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 06:11 PM   #18

Perhaps you should consider moving to another state.
Old 11-11-2021, 06:53 PM   #19

We pay $180/mo for a covered back in spot with 110v power available to keep the batteries topped off and the fridge on so we don’t have to cool it down each trip. We live in the desert, so keeping the TT out of the sun is pretty nice. It is about 35 minutes away, but it’s outside of town and right off a major highway so we don’t have to deal with much traffic when picking it up or dropping it off. That’s how I justify that drive anyway...it is annoying.

We are currently looking for a new house and one “must have” is parking for the TT, so hopefully we’ll be able to park it right next to the house soon.
Jayc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:20 PM   #20

Reading these replies, I am so glad we kept looking until we found a house with a building big enough to store our class A.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:43 PM   #21

Jayco Owners Club
Makes me glad I have an acre of land for my 5er and I have 50amp service and septic connection. Sounds like maybe I need to use my land for others to store their rv. Wow.
SLAJMARTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:50 PM   #22
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
Had our 40’ coach stored indoors in Livermore CA until monthly went to $750. Moved to outdoor covered at same facility at $350 a month. Finally moved to Texas. Coach sits on a 50’ concrete pad near the new home with full hookups. Will have a cover this summer.
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 03:08 PM   #23

Wow, after reading all these, makes me glad we only pay $35/mo for storage. And if they try to raise the rent on us, we can leave it at home since we live on a farm. We do have a large quonset hut barn, but it only has a 12 ft door and our CC is 12'9", so wouldn't quite go in. lol
desuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 03:25 PM   #24

You should not complain, $150 per month you got way very cheap so the gravy train has stoped buddy LOL so stop crying buttercup hahaha still a lot cheaper then $550 in Jersey
Old 11-14-2021, 03:31 PM   #25

I have parked my American Coach Heritage in a heated/cooled 16 x 55 garage in Cornelius, NC for over six years. Wanted to keep my investment out of the elements and it still does not show its age. The paint is shiny and bright. Does not look like a 2006. It is very secure with two gated entries and cameras everywhere. 50amp, water, sewer dump inside the unit, heat/air, 16' overhead door. Because of this I have never had to winterize my unit. It is ready to go on a moments notice. Cost: $875 month. There is a waiting list. Spaces like that are scarce around here.
Bounder Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 03:34 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yeah, we know we had it great for years - but it's still a shock when the rent is more than doubled all at once! We really envy you folks with acreage who can park your rigs at home - unfortunately that's not possible when you live in a typical California suburban area, with minimal sized lots and short driveways, and moving isn't in our plans for the forseeable future.

Oh well, we found a nice place about 12 miles from the house that is secure, and the price is reasonable so we're moving there next month.
Old 11-14-2021, 04:47 PM   #27

It is simple business - when you are full, you raise prices. The yard I'm in here in NE Florida runs about $150 a month without electric - I have solar so the batteries stay nice and happy. They also give me a free month every time I sign up - which is twice a year for 2-3 months at a time!
PeterFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 05:11 PM   #28

Storage

A good friend put his Bounder in his mother in laws old dairy barn. The cattle were long gone, but the mice weren't. They ate his wiring and made quite a mess.
OnSafari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage