RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #1

Rv stuck in Vegas

Hi went on a trip last winter just before Covid-19, left Rv in Vegas in storage, now its been long enough to I would like to go back and get it, only to bring it back to Canada, called customs they will let me fly in to Vegas from Toronto, but I would like to know if there are any concern on the way back will the Canadian customs let me freely in or I will have to obey a 14 day at home quarantine, hope some body can help me with personal experience , thanks

Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2020, 05:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany View Post
Hi went on a trip last winter just before Covid-19, left Rv in Vegas in storage, now it’s been long enough to I would like to go back and get it, only to bring it back to Canada, called customs they will let me fly in to Vegas from Toronto, but I would like to know if there are any concern on the way back will the Canadian customs let me freely in or I will have to obey a 14 day at home quarantine, hope some body can help me with personal experience , thanks
You need to ask Canadian border authorities about returning to Canada considering your specific circumstances. My guess is they will not deviate from policy but it never hurts to ask.

Here is another iRV2 user with the same problem, different travel direction.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/gett...-new-post.html

Old 07-10-2020, 05:13 PM   #3

Yes I would call Canadian Customs and let them know your plans. You may want to let them know your length of stay in Vegas, being a day to pick up RV and get on the road back, etc. Good luck and lay low!!
lrgomez1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:35 PM   #4

To stay the shortest amount of time I would go to Walmart fill up with food and drinks , then only 3 stops for gas and I would be in Ontario , so I don’t think I am that a risk for anyone, since me and my wife would be going , non stop road till we reach home, I will be calling on Monday Canadian custums
Old 07-10-2020, 05:42 PM   #5

I would worry more about the plane ride. JMHO
01blueox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:45 PM   #6

Quote:
To stay the shortest amount of time I would go to Walmart fill up with food and drinks , then only 3 stops for gas and I would be in Ontario , so I dont think I am that a risk for anyone, since me and my wife would be going , non stop road till we reach home, I will be calling on Monday Canadian custums
That you wouldn't be a threat might very well be true but I seriously doubt they will grant you any variance. It is really no different than Dale Earnhart Jr. driving 150 MPH on a US highway. He can honestly claim he can handle a vehicle safely at that speed and doesn't pose a risk, but I bet he would still get a ticket and a fine. Making a pinky promise that you won't come into contact with anyone who is infected probably isn't going to change the rules.
kcdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:12 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Leave the rv or do the quarantine. There isn't a way around it.
https://enjoying-life.net
Spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:23 PM   #8

I understand what you mean , but I am no bigger a treat then those thousands trucks that deliver food to Canada from California,
Old 07-10-2020, 07:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdogger View Post
That you wouldn't be a threat might very well be true but I seriously doubt they will grant you any variance. It is really no different than Dale Earnhart Jr. driving 150 MPH on a US highway. He can honestly claim he can handle a vehicle safely at that speed and doesn't pose a risk, but I bet he would still get a ticket and a fine. Making a pinky promise that you won't come into contact with anyone who is infected probably isn't going to change the rules.
You're probably right, but there is a chance Canadian border/customs authorities have already considered what to do about "snowbird retrievals" and have a modified policy. Probably not, but we'll know in a couple of days.

I'm wondering how things would go if a hired driver or trusted friend drove the coach to the border crossing... naw, too simple. Gotta be a dozen problems with that idea...
Old 07-10-2020, 07:31 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I understand what you mean , but I am no bigger a treat then those thousands trucks that deliver food to Canada from California,
Doesn't change the reality. No matter what you think or we think for that matter it is what it is. I'm not disagreeing with you but that's not going to change anything.
https://enjoying-life.net
Spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:34 PM   #11

Sorry tryed that one and was told by the border customs that , if I cross even 10 minutes just to exchange driver then cross back in Canada, automatic quarantine, for sure hope I am they only one in this position, that can’t use his rv in such great weather
Old 07-10-2020, 08:19 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What if a friend from Toronto flew to Vegas got your rv, drove it across the border, gave you your rv. He would have to quarantine for 14 days but you get your coach. If you lived in bc I would have no problem helping out in this situation.
jporietis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:29 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01blueox View Post
I would worry more about the plane ride. JMHO
THIS x1000. Flying metal germ tubes, impossible to socially distance, and breathing re-circulated air for an extended period of time.
dbircky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jporietis View Post
What if a friend from Toronto flew to Vegas got your rv, drove it across the border, gave you your rv. He would have to quarantine for 14 days but you get your coach. If you lived in bc I would have no problem helping out in this situation.
All I can say is,,, you're one good friend! I'd definitely want to help myself but I'm not sure I'd volunteer to do this and quarantine myself for 14 days just so my good buddy could go camping.

Tags
gas