Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #1

RV tires

Bought a "new to us" 2001 Winnebago Adventurer. Had a flat tire on the way home, and were told all 6 need replaced ASAP. Where is the best, most economical place in Central Florida to get this accomplished??? Thanks so much!!!!
John Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:32 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
St. Lucie Tire & Battery in Ft. Pierce treated us right on tires for our pickup, plus we have friends who have purchased MH tires there and are very satisfied.
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #3

What size tires are you looking for, and more exactly where in central Florida are you located?
Joe&Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lee View Post
Bought a "new to us" 2001 Winnebago Adventurer. Had a flat tire on the way home, and were told all 6 need replaced ASAP. Where is the best, most economical place in Central Florida to get this accomplished??? Thanks so much!!!!
John, Congrats on the Winne and Welcome to Irv2, It looks like you found us the same way I did, we bought a used MH and had a problem and went online searching for answers, we found Irv2 while parked in a shopping center parking lot with simple problem to solve if I had the books that came with the MH but were being mailed to me. My point is this is a great place to answer many questions you will be confronted with as you get to know your rig. I know I spent hours of reading on here, use the search tool, it's your friend. I doubt you'll have any problem with your MH that somebody here already hasn't had. Check out the Chassis section for your coach, you will be amazed at how much info you'll find, I'm sure you can dig in and not only find a place in Fla for tires but what tires are best for your coach and what kind of money they paid, it just goes on and on. This place has saved me a boat load of money just by fixing things myself that without the help from here I wouldn't have attempted. So good luck with your coach and you're in the right spot.

Welcome again,

Al

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe&Karen View Post
What size tires are you looking for, and more exactly where in central Florida are you located?
Joe & Karen,
Thanks for responding. We're in Melbourne, sorry I wasn't more specific on the location. We need 19.5 tires. Thanks for your help.
John & Sallie
Old 05-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick & Pat View Post
St. Lucie Tire & Battery in Ft. Pierce treated us right on tires for our pickup, plus we have friends who have purchased MH tires there and are very satisfied.
Dick & Pat
Thanks for your response. We are in Melbourne, but we'll check them out if we need to go that far.
John and Sallie
Old 05-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03HRVacationer View Post
John, Congrats on the Winne and Welcome to Irv2, It looks like you found us the same way I did, we bought a used MH and had a problem and went online searching for answers, we found Irv2 while parked in a shopping center parking lot with simple problem to solve if I had the books that came with the MH but were being mailed to me. My point is this is a great place to answer many questions you will be confronted with as you get to know your rig. I know I spent hours of reading on here, use the search tool, it's your friend. I doubt you'll have any problem with your MH that somebody here already hasn't had. Check out the Chassis section for your coach, you will be amazed at how much info you'll find, I'm sure you can dig in and not only find a place in Fla for tires but what tires are best for your coach and what kind of money they paid, it just goes on and on. This place has saved me a boat load of money just by fixing things myself that without the help from here I wouldn't have attempted. So good luck with your coach and you're in the right spot.

Welcome again,

Al
Thanks so much for your response. We're learning more and more everyday, and you're right this is a great site to find info. Happy RVing!!
John and Sallie
Old 05-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lee View Post
Dick & Pat
Thanks for your response. We are in Melbourne, but we'll check them out if we need to go that far.
John and Sallie
You are most welcome....that's what forums like this are for...Good Luck
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:08 AM   #9

I was at the small tire shop here in Williston (Ocala area) a few weeks ago with my MH and asked them for a idea of how much it would cost to replace the 8R 19.5 Toyo tires with the same tire. They told me that the 6 Toyo tires would be around $1500 and comparable Goodyear tires would be about $1700. I actually was surprised because I was expecting to hear $2000 or more for a set of the cheaper tires.
Joe&Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:30 AM   #10
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
You might try:

Glenn's Tire and Service
2726 S Harbor City Blvd
Melbourne, FL
321-723-0751

They've been in business since 1952; I had a cousin who worked for them for many years back in those days. They carry a full line of truck and specialty tires for commercial vehicles and probably have the 19.5's you need.