Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2022, 08:52 PM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
Does anyone know if Zero-G Blue hoses come in 5/8"?

I have a 1/2" I like but I know it reduces volume slightly. I can only find the blue in 1/2".
https://www.amazon.com/zero-G-4001-1...01GHSBKOS&th=1
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2022, 06:44 AM   #16

I have been using the 1/2 inch SmartFlex RV/Marine hose for 15+ years now. It is very flexible in very cold temperatures and had LARGE ends where you can connect and/or disconnect using gloves. Since my coach has 1/2 PEX lines, I don't see any reason to use anything larger than a 1/2 inch hose.

Picture shows the standard Camco White water hose and the SmartFlex in 25 degree temperatures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Hose 1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	403.9 KB
ID:	354794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Hose 3.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	354796  

Attached Images

2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:25 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I have one of those for my black tank flush, it's easy for me to remember that the blue hose is for fresh water and the black hose is for tank flush.

I looked on Teknor's website and it appears they only make the Blue Hose in 1/2".
Old 01-27-2022, 07:53 PM   #18

Seen this new player in flex hose market. Kind of a hybrid of regular and flex hose. Not many reviews yet. Swan makes pretty good hose. The ends even might be repairable ,the anti kink piece might want to walk out a bit if repaired.
https://www.farmandfleet.com/product...flex-hose.html
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 02:07 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
Seen this new player in flex hose market. Kind of a hybrid of regular and flex hose. Not many reviews yet. Swan makes pretty good hose. The ends even might be repairable ,the anti kink piece might want to walk out a bit if repaired.
https://www.farmandfleet.com/product...flex-hose.html
Didn't see anything about being safe for drinking water.

Glenn
Old 01-28-2022, 03:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
Does anyone know if Zero-G Blue hoses come in 5/8"?

I have a 1/2" I like but I know it reduces volume slightly. I can only find the blue in 1/2".
Yes they do and arevdrinkingvwater rated as well.
They also sell a 3/4" hose but have only seen it in 75 ft length. Dont recall if that was also drinking water rated but would guess it is.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 06:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
Yes they do and arevdrinkingvwater rated as well.
They also sell a 3/4" hose but have only seen it in 75 ft length. Dont recall if that was also drinking water rated but would guess it is.
Thank you Winemaker2 Would you provide me a Link to the 3/4" blue hose your talking about, I haven't been able to find it?
Old 01-29-2022, 09:12 PM   #22

On the suggestion / review of testing from the "Project Farm" Youtube channel - I picked up a couple of the "AquaJoe" 50 footers from HD to use while I am winter camping in New Jersey.

With temperatures below freezing and the hoses exposed - they would (and did) definitely freeze if the water wasn't moving at least a little - but that was more of my fault for letting the freeze happen. But the overall performance has been very good. I haven't seen yet how they will coil up for storage, but I already know they will be MUCH smaller than the average hose.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:35 AM   #23

hose

When cooler temps cause hose to get stiff I just run HOT water thru it .

Coils up real easy!

C.B.
C.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 12:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.B. View Post
When cooler temps cause hose to get stiff I just run HOT water thru it .
I've been eyeing adding an outdoor shower/faucet setup but never had a really good reason to do so. Access to hot water on the outside....hmmm.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 12:19 PM   #25

Want to try something? First hookup a 5/8 or 3/4 Inside diameter water hose and then go inside your RV and time how long it takes to fill a five gallon pail from the faucet in the tub

Then go back out, disconnect the large hose and then screw on a 1/2" inside diameter. Go back inside and time how long it takes to fill up that same pail from the same faucet in the tub.

Don't cheat!! Wide open quickly.
Now, is a larger inside diameter hose worth the "tremendous" difference?? The hassle of coiling up a larger hose? Or the cost?
Your RV waterlines pretty much determine the volume of water when under the same pressure.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 01:01 PM   #26

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Want to try something? First hookup a 5/8 or 3/4 Inside diameter water hose and then go inside your RV and time how long it takes to fill a five gallon pail from the faucet in the tub

Then go back out, disconnect the large hose and then screw on a 1/2" inside diameter. Go back inside and time how long it takes to fill up that same pail from the same faucet in the tub.

Don't cheat!! Wide open quickly.
Now, is a larger inside diameter hose worth the "tremendous" difference?? The hassle of coiling up a larger hose? Or the cost?
Your RV waterlines pretty much determine the volume of water when under the same pressure.
Adding to what NITEHAWK stated, a 1/2" water hose delivers approximately 6 gpm (gallons per minute) 5/8" 11gpm and 3/4" 18gpm (at 100' and 40psi). With that in mind, an Oxygenics rv shower head (and many other RV shower heads are similar for their gpm flow rates) uses only 1.8gpm, therefore even a 1/2 water hose will have plenty of capacity for a RV shower head (tub faucets flow more gpm, but for me the shower flow rate is most important to consider).

I may try a zero-g hose again, I had one that came apart at the end many years back and not only could I not repair it, I found mold inside the hose. However that was many years back, I liked the hose though for its flexibility and ease of storage. ~CA
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 07:20 AM   #27

We have switched to Zero-G Flex hoses; we use a blue 1/2" for fresh water and a 5/8" black for tank rinse.

When we purchased the 1/2" blue hose I could tell a difference in the shower but not so much other places. All I do now is fill the fresh water tank as needed and run the pump along with the fresh water and I have plenty of pressure in the shower. I just shut it off after I get out of the shower.

Old 02-03-2022, 03:54 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Of course, if you're using the shower, dishwasher, washing machine and flushing the toilet all at once, then the additional pressure/throughput from a larger hose may very well be worthwhile.
pvcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hose, water