Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2023, 03:44 PM   #1

RV waterless car wash?

I would like to know if anyone has experience with a product to keep your RV clean when washing isn't available.

Our water here leaves white residue and the local car washes are too small to fit in. I can get the rig about 80% clean, but there is always some dirty spots where I would like to spray something on and wipe it off.

I found this product on Amazon for $40
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X04JRMU...ogi&th=1&psc=1
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2023, 04:03 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Wash Wax All is a good product
Old 03-02-2023, 04:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Wash Wax All is a good product
Agree.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 05:22 PM   #4

Any quick detailer will work. I use Meguiars.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 07:40 PM   #5
WDW

Exclusively used it for over 7 years. Very happy. BUT — if you have a lot of grime and dirt, nothing beats water. What’s you add (solution) will dredge up 1,000 opinions!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 10:45 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I've been using Wash/Wax/All for many years. I use 2' x 2' microfiber towels to apply. I have a rolling mechanics stool in the coach and will use it at campgrounds that have even ground. I just roll down the side of the coach. It lets me get under the slides without bending over. The secret is to use several microfiber towels and change them out as they get dirty. I keep the dirty ones under the stool seat and use them on the tires and rims.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:22 AM   #7

Great stuff. But I wouldn't use for anything more than some dust on the car. I use it for a quick shine after I wash the car/truck. I pack two microfiber cloths, one for application and one for buffing.
For more long lasting polish I prefer Nu Finish products.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:58 AM   #8

Question

I use both the Wash Wax All and the similar Meguiars product. Both do a good job. Because I ran out of the WWA, I was able to do a side by side test, I think Meguiars did a marginally better job. WWA is lower in price, especially if you get the concentrate gallon size. Meguiars is available anywhere. Both are good for a quick cleanup while on the road, rinse off heavy mud first.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:27 AM   #9
Community Moderator

I use Wash Wax All, on our toy hauler.
I used it for over 3 years, it does a very good. When the rig is really dirty, like now, I usually do the rig by hand. This takes me about 3 days, 45-feet long 13'2" tall.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 08:22 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I think some are seeing the Wash/Wax/All as the primary way to wash the coach. I wash my coach at home with soap and water. When it's allowed at a campground, I use soap and water. When the campground doesn't allow washing, that's when I break out the WWA.

The only other time I use it is when I wash the windshield while on the road. I have a brush and squeegee system to wash the windshield from the ground and then I use the WWA to clean below the windshield after the rinse water drips down the front.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 09:01 PM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to burgmark
I've always been skeptical of these products and don't see how they can be good for vehicle finishes. I ideally wash my vehicles with either a sponge or a car wash brush. If the vehicle has dirt particles on the vehicle, i.e., a dirty vehicle, spraying on these products and wiping with a cloth is rubbing the dirt into the finish and has the potential to scratch the finish.

I use only a good car wash soap added to a bucket of water and a brush or sponge. Both the brush and the sponge has the ability to loosen the dirt without rubbing it into the surface.
burgmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 02:59 PM   #12
jrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I think some are seeing the Wash/Wax/All as the primary way to wash the coach. I wash my coach at home with soap and water. When it's allowed at a campground, I use soap and water. When the campground doesn't allow washing, that's when I break out the WWA.

The only other time I use it is when I wash the windshield while on the road. I have a brush and squeegee system to wash the windshield from the ground and then I use the WWA to clean below the windshield after the rinse water drips down the front.
2X but we full time. If really dirty and gritty, I'll wait till we get to a campground that allows washing
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 03:24 PM   #13

Thumbs up

When I wash with water , I use my older blue water filter to filter the water in the park or any other water . At home I have the blue water filter and a wet spot water filter for my hard water . Get very little spotting on coach , wash ,squeegee off water , then towel dry . No spots . Use a good paste wax twice a year , then Lucas speed detailer for a quick touch up while on the road .
Old 03-06-2023, 02:05 PM   #14

Other methods could be high quality larger squeeze foam mop, Lieberman makes real nice one in red/black professional line, to remove excess dirt maybe a squeegee and not have to use a hose. An on the go type water softener as opposed to a deionizer can reduce spots and can be regenerated and used for coach water. Dual bed type de-ionizer is not easily or safely regenerated and resin is expensive . Many owners choose to use de-ionizer though....I'm not trying to argue against that. There's plenty of threads discussing usefulness of spot free water system. You can also look into one those.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water