Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thinking about this...

I am not sure the store did anything wrong.. Do they have an OBLIGATION to protect people camping in their parking lot for free?

Do they have an OBLIGATION to report a drunk/disordely person

DO the police have AUTHORITY to come on to the lot to arrest such a person without an invite from the store manager?

Truthfully.. I don't know

And I"d be inclined, at this time, to find for Wall-Mart, (And those who know me know I love to bash Wall Mart but in this case.. I can not do so)

In fact I'd be inclined to ordre the plaintiffs to pay Wall Mart's lawyers.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2010, 06:47 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Would really like to be on that jury. No chance to win. But Walmart could discontinue allowing RVers to park there.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by damdannyboy View Post
Shakespeare “THE FIRST THING WE DO, LET'S KILL ALL THE. LAWYERS.”

Now there is a very good idea.

ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #18
CD

It seems to me that they invited trouble when they opened the door.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:59 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Shakespeare “THE FIRST THING WE DO, LET'S KILLALL THE. LAWYERS.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Now there is a very good idea.

ken
Do you want to use my list as a starting point?
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roberts View Post
You can not legislate, regulate or even insure against stupidity. These people are perfect examples of why the gene pool needs to periodically have a good dousing of bleach. Happy travels, Ken........
Now that's a statement that speaks volumns !! Would also definitely apply to the idiots on the Board of Directors at my Condo !!!
heritage2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #21

Walmart protection option

Quote:
we just completed a 4,122 mile trip in our Class C (Colorado to NY & back) and stayed at 3 different Walmarts in 3 states during that time. We had great experiences but realized there's always a chance for a problem. After deciding not to carry our 357 & 32 in our onboard safe (due to rediculous state by state carry restrictions)... but I brought along a can of bear spray... I figured that would keep the bad guy down until my wife was done kicking him! Good luck to all, travel safe, make reasonably good decisions including a backup plan.
Jeeperdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #22
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD View Post
It seems to me that they invited trouble when they opened the door.
At a Fleetwood MHA Rally safety seminar we recently attended, we were told NEVER to open the door to answer a knock if you don't know (or recognize by peeking out first) who's on the other side. Even if it appears to be a police officer. Every RV is different in what TO open. In our case, we'd open the kitchen window (high up, next to the door).

With the police officer scenario, we were told to ask for the name & badge number & then call the local department to confirm identification.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

I just got yet another call from a law firm wanting to know where my payment was (in their bank account in case you want to know, Posted last week)

They have called me to get me to accelerate payment. They have called me to ask where the payment is several times, when it's already in their bank account, and otherwise harrassed me.

I told the caller I was considering asking the judge to begin disbarment proceedings against them and I will file criminal charges against them when I'm done with 'em no matter how we settle.

But that's another story

It is, however, legally, the LEGAL way to "Shoot" A lawyer or 20.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperdon View Post
we just completed a 4,122 mile trip in our Class C (Colorado to NY & back) and stayed at 3 different Walmarts in 3 states during that time. We had great experiences but realized there's always a chance for a problem. After deciding not to carry our 357 & 32 in our onboard safe (due to rediculous state by state carry restrictions)... but I brought along a can of bear spray... I figured that would keep the bad guy down until my wife was done kicking him! Good luck to all, travel safe, make reasonably good decisions including a backup plan.

You might want to watch you could run into trouble with pepper spray (bear spray). A good choice is hornet spray legal in all states and Canada.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #25

I am sure all RVers will be the losers as Wal-mart reevaluates their policy or non policy. As one person working for me so eloquently put it one time, "One person poops, and we all wear diapers."
Old 08-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #26
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roberts View Post
You can not legislate, regulate or even insure against stupidity. These people are perfect examples of why the gene pool needs to periodically have a good dousing of bleach. Happy travels, Ken........

I totally agree.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #27

Open cell phone.... push "9"... "1"... "1"... "SEND"... Works every time.

Did we have a "problem" in a WalMart ... yes (New Braunfels, TX)

Did I call the night manager ... yes (twice)

Did the night manager DO anything... no.

Did I call 911... silly me didn't. And the people were getting loud and violent. I was "waiting" for someone else to take care of the situation so that I would not have to deal with it. I was being a coward. Never again. That one episode taught me to forget about the night manager and just call 911. I learned my lesson.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The problem is that the lawyers have taught the public that we are not responsible for our own actions. We can always find some else to blame for our own stupidity and then a lawyer is standing there ready, willing able to sue them.

People need to man-up and accept responsibility for their actions. No one is to blame but you.

Ken.
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote