RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2020, 08:21 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
RVT.com or RVTrader.com for selling a coach?

Just wondering which is preferred for selling? I like them equally for searching for RVs and researching specifics about various coaches, but I donít have any experience selling on either.

So which would you use to sell a coach, and why?

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2020, 08:50 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
WE used RVTrader and sold our ClassC in 36 hours at full price.

momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:26 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
I used the classifieds here, RVT, and RV Trader. I got two responses from here, Zero from RVT, and several from RV Trader. Ultimately that is where the sale originated.
https://enjoying-life.net
Spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:55 AM   #4

Our experience was that RVT listing cost a lot more than RVTrader. On a 6 week listing - 0 responses from RVT, 0 responses from several classified listings, 0 responses on Facebook group, 0 responses from manufacturer related classified, and many responses from RVTrader. Based on our experience, RVTrader worked best and I would not use RVT again. YMMV.
B52Rnav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:59 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the input - just listed on RVTrader. It’s also on RVT because I did that before I asked the question, so now I’ll be able to compare. I tried Craigslist first and got predictable results. Wish I had just done RVTrader in the first place. Anyway, if I have any worthwhile information from the process I’ll
post it here.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:49 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdracr39 View Post
I used the classifieds here, RVT, and RV Trader. I got two responses from here, Zero from RVT, and several from RV Trader. Ultimately that is where the sale originated.
Same result with my last RV

2004 Travel Supreme Select 45DSO4
Towing 2018 Ford Flex 4 down
Jarhead 67-71
Airboss68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:08 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I've never used RVT but I had good luck selling a 5er on RVTrader.com. I think the trick is posting lots of pics!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:39 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I've never used RVT but I had good luck selling a 5er on RVTrader.com. I think the trick is posting lots of pics!
I did that - posted 20 on each. Had a lot of time wasters on Craigslist which is to be expected. Just not worth the hassle.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:51 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Well I have to say the responses were about equal between the two with Craigslist both bringing up the rear and also bringing in the flakes and time waters. I also advertised here on IRV2 and had a couple responses from that add.

The buyer responded to the RVT.com add but I had several people from both seriously interested and a few disappointed. So now I’m down to one coach which is a relief and makes parking a little easier. I don’t like selling things and I’m glad that’s over with, but the two pay sites made the difference.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:46 AM   #10

I have use RvTrader and not sold, sold last one on RVT.com, Sold 2 others on Craigslist, Listed here and 2 or 3 responses.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I also ended up nearly breaking even on the coach including improvements and maintenance. Sign of the times - used RV prices are up and I had 5 or 6 people express disappointment that it sold before they could look at it and/or get their funds together.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:21 PM   #12

So many variables involved for anyone to really know which way to go. I've used RV trader but I'm not sure whether it is the reason I sold our Minne TT with our Tundra. Selling an RV can boil down to having quality pics, clear listing of specs. and of course, an attractive price.

We found our Bay Star via RV Trader. The owner had very good pics and more than adequate information posted. We bought it due to condition and features, and felt that the owner was willing to sell for a very fair price.

Far too many RV owners think there rig is worth more than it actually is. Unfortunately, you have to understand that there is quite a bit of depreciation as the rig ages.

Good luck!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:59 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Just wondering which is preferred for selling? I like them equally for searching for RVs and researching specifics about various coaches, but I donít have any experience selling on either.

So which would you use to sell a coach, and why?

Thanks
I signed up both of them, but got more responses and my sale through RVTrader. Get the big option and post as many pictures as possible.

Good Luck!
reubenray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:36 PM   #14

iRV2 No Limits Club
As someone looking, weíve only been looking on Craigslist and RVTrader. Iíll have to check out rvt.com.

As far as listings go - it really really helps me to have a floorplan so I can see how all the photos fit together. We have specific space needs and I donít want to waste your time and mine if your rv wonít work out. I spend a lot of time trying to track down the correct floorplans.

PirateFoxy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sell