Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2018, 04:08 PM   #15

Saw a Netflix documentary about the moon landing being a fake. Very interesting. They have some points that i could not explain.
Jake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2018, 04:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Grew up treking thru the woods camping, hunting and just out exploring

7 yrs FT traveling ALL over the USA

I am one that will only believe in Sasquatch, BigFoot, Yeti, Abdominal Snowman WHEN I actually see one.

So whenever out in the toolies I am actively LOOKING...same with UFOs

Other then a few encounters with Black Bears and a couple of Plywood Cutouts of Sasquatch (In Maine)....nope ain't seen either of them

Think about ALL the hunters and NO one has tag/bag one yet
Nor has any 'Outer Being' visited us
I'm with you Biscuit!!!! Don't believe in the Squatches....

Like you....no hunters have seen/shot one....

On top of that....MILLIONS OF TRAIL CAMS IN THE WOODS AND NO PICTURES?????????

C'mon.......

I "had" a friend who swore up and down that he was abducted by Aliens AND that they "PROBED HIM" during his examination!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:33 PM   #17

It's amazing how few Sasquatch and UFO sighting we here about now that almost everyone has a phone with a camera.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Pirate View Post
Hey guys,

Just wondering with all the folks out there traveling all points of our great country, has anyone ever seen/heard anything out there that you can't explain while camping or traveling.

I'm sure our Northwest peeps might have a story or two.
Well, I guess I'm a Northwest peep.

The only 'strange' thing I ever encountered was when camping in the boondocks a few years ago. First night, around 1am, we heard some high pitched 'screams' nearby. Very eerie sounding. Later on, the high pitches turned to low-pitched 'moans'. This went on for several hours until daybreak. After we had our morning coffee, we started to explore the area and discovered we were less than 100 feet from a cougar den. It was filled with elk and deer skulls and bones. I'm guessing our proximity is what caused all the noises. The cats did not like neighbors...
OregonJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #19

Well you either believe or you don't. And changing someone's mind rarely happens. One of the problems is all these stupid TV shows that take all credibility away. Did Bob Gimlan really shoot a video in the mid 1960s? It makes it hard to believe with folks like Bobo and the hillbilly Mountain monsters folk out there.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
On the way up to Pike's peak I saw signs warning of the possibility

And marijuana is legal there too. Just sayin
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonJim View Post
Well, I guess I'm a Northwest peep.

The only 'strange' thing I ever encountered was when camping in the boondocks a few years ago. First night, around 1am, we heard some high pitched 'screams' nearby. Very eerie sounding. Later on, the high pitches turned to low-pitched 'moans'. This went on for several hours until daybreak. After we had our morning coffee, we started to explore the area and discovered we were less than 100 feet from a cougar den. It was filled with elk and deer skulls and bones. I'm guessing our proximity is what caused all the noises. The cats did not like neighbors...

Camped in a tent in the infield of a NASCAR race in ATL. Heard the same sounds coming from the tent next to us....
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:35 PM   #22

what..….next thing you all will tell me Santa clause isn't real
Old 12-26-2018, 08:58 PM   #23

I've yet to see anything un-explainable....that being said I've seen many strange things, or strange people anyways.... I used to be a member on pirate4x4, there is a thread over there full of scary stories, I mean really scary stories, but all of them were involving people, just bad ones. I'm not too afraid of Bigfoot, at least not as much as some of the people I've run across......
Old 12-26-2018, 09:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
what..….next thing you all will tell me Santa clause isn't real

Santa 'clause' isn't

Santa Claus IS
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 10:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
Well you either believe or you don't. And changing someone's mind rarely happens. One of the problems is all these stupid TV shows that take all credibility away. Did Bob Gimlan really shoot a video in the mid 1960s? It makes it hard to believe with folks like Bobo and the hillbilly Mountain monsters folk out there.
BOBO was a real piece of work!!!! However, a Rich piece of work!!! CHIT!!!

I am a TOTAL NON-BELIEVER!!!

Wundertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Pirate View Post
Hey guys,

Just wondering with all the folks out there traveling all points of our great country, has anyone ever seen/heard anything out there that you can't explain while camping or traveling.

I'm sure our Northwest peeps might have a story or two.
Never saw the elusive Bigfoot, but I do live way up in northern Ca. Willow Creek Ca off highway 299, 50 miles east of Eureka, claims to be the original sighting and the world capitol of the Bigfoot legend. They even have a small museum dedicated to the big guy. It's a very cool spot and kids love it. Lot's of really nice camping spots in this neck of the woods. It is Humboldt County so lots and lots of Bigfoot sightings if you know what I mean.
Northcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:05 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Sasquatch is real, was captured and made bionic! Don't you remember Steve Austin fought him and ripped his bionic arm off? Actually that was Sasquatch portrayed by Andre The Giant.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:59 AM   #28

I do believe that there is stuff living out there that does not officially exist. I live in western Louisiana near the Texas state line and the locals all tell stories of large black cats that live in the swamps and woods along the Sabine river which divides Louisiana from Texas, and the Big Thicket area of east Texas. Officially these cats don't exist, though a few so called wildlife experts theorize that they may be Jaguarundi's which are native cats that had a historic range which included the upper Texas gulf coast prior to modern development. The problem is Jaguarundis only get to about 15 pounds and a bit over 2 feet long, which is far smaller than the large black cats locals describe.

About 30 years ago I saw one of these big black cats, it slowly walked across the road in front of my car at a bit after midnight one night, maybe 100 feet from me, well illuminated by the headlights (I was driving at about 30 mph when I spotted it and slowed down). I can't tell you what it was, but one thing I am sure about, it was nothing like the photos of a Jaguarundi that I find online. The cat I saw was black, walked with a tall solid muscular stance, not slinking low to the ground, it was big, in the 4-5 ft long range, with a weight I would conservatively estimate at something over 100 pounds, maybe over 200, though that may be stretching it, not something that was 15 pound over grown house cat size.

Over the years I have spoken to a handful of other people that have claimed to have similar mostly nocturnal first hand encounters with big black cats in the region, and one thing they all have in common is, what they saw was no 15 pound cat.

p.s. here is a link to a blog on these black mystery cats http://texascryptidhunter.blogspot.c...ings-from.html
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote