Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2023, 08:51 AM   #1
Community Moderator

Savings with TSD Card

I kept an Excel page with fuel cost for the 2022 year. On it, I listed fuel cost with and without the TSD card.
I added up all the figures and came out that by using the TSD card where I could we saved $778 dollars over the year. That is about 11% of fuel cost for our travels.
Travel was from Galveston to Phoenix to Yellowstone across to Ohio to Outer Banks to Key West to Gulf State Park in Guls Shores, Al.

Anybody else keep track and see how much they saved?
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2023, 10:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm2018 View Post
I kept an Excel page with fuel cost for the 2022 year. On it, I listed fuel cost with and without the TSD card.
I added up all the figures and came out that by using the TSD card where I could we saved $778 dollars over the year. That is about 11% of fuel cost for our travels.
Travel was from Galveston to Phoenix to Yellowstone across to Ohio to Outer Banks to Key West to Gulf State Park in Guls Shores, Al.

Anybody else keep track and see how much they saved?
Thank you for the information. It is very good to know. I don't keep track but use my TSD card whenever possible. The convince of high flow nozzles, not using multiple credit cards and navigating tight spots in regular stations makes it worth it. Saving on price is a bonus.
vseasport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 12:35 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We use the TSD card, but are limited in my area for options. Savings are minimal, but so is usage.

We also use Mudflaps, which has more options for us, including the truck stop 5 miles from home. We actually prefer Mudflaps as it is paid via our credit card, which gives us an additional 2-3% cash back. Mudflaps also does not have any transaction fee.

When we travel, we look at both options and choose which gives the best overall value.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:07 AM   #4

I have not kept track because I do not care about how much the "discount" is, only that I pay the lowest price. With that said, I use my TSD card for all fill ups because I have dual tanks holding 275 gallons and 25 gallons of DEF.

I often use out of network stations that have a lower price without a discount than an in-network station with a discount. My biggest savings so far on a single fill up was $170 from the listed price, the in-network station would have saved me about about $90, the out of network station saved me an additional $80.

I check all fuel prices in the area for commercial filling stations then pick the cheapest. Sometimes in-network is cheaper, sometimes out of network is cheaper, and again I alway use the TSD card. My use of the TSD card has nothing to do with vehicle size since I still have to get into regular gas stations to fill up the gas tanks on the toy hauler.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:57 AM   #5

I do not keep track of my savings, but I use the map on the TSD App to plan all of my fuel stops. For each trip I map out my route, then check the App to see where my fuel stops are along the way. I try to stay on the top of the tank (about 375-400 miles) but depending on what the App tells me I may fuel up when I have fewer miles or more (I have gone as many as 575 miles, about a third of a tank left on my 100 gallon tank). There is a new TA in Georgia off I16 (at 301, just south of Statesboro). When I return from FL (to Augusta) I fuel up and it is exactly 100 miles to my house. I know on my next trip I can plan on about 300 miles before fueling up to remain above a half tank. I use TSD almost exclusively, but have used my Good Sam Pilot card in a pinch.
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote