Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2005, 04:39 AM   #1

We spent two months next to a "permanent" trailer equipped with two high powered lights at either end of the trailer. These were turned on whenever the man of the house was at his nightime security guard job. While I appreciate the woman may have been skittish of being alone at night, that blazing front light shining right into our bedroom window and skylight was very annoying to us.

I do not think these things were put there to shine within the confine of a campground and flood light your neighbour's rig.

So please, if your rig has these lights, be considerate in your use of them.

2006 32' Sunny Brook
rehcuobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2005, 04:39 AM   #2

We spent two months next to a "permanent" trailer equipped with two high powered lights at either end of the trailer. These were turned on whenever the man of the house was at his nightime security guard job. While I appreciate the woman may have been skittish of being alone at night, that blazing front light shining right into our bedroom window and skylight was very annoying to us.

I do not think these things were put there to shine within the confine of a campground and flood light your neighbour's rig.

So please, if your rig has these lights, be considerate in your use of them.

2006 32' Sunny Brook
Old 01-04-2005, 04:51 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

We have been irritated by high-powered lights in quiote a few campgrounds. Sometimes it's on somebody's rig but more often it is on a campground building or a street light. I'm all for having some lights around, but many people don't seem to realize how bright some of these high-powered lights are and how they shine into the RVs on adjacent sites. Same thing goes for those folks who walk around with those mega-candle lanterns, flashing them willy-nily around the campsites. Campground owners as well as RVers need to be a bit considerate of others when installing and using those ultra-bright lights.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bob Boucher:
( <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you let this go without saying something to the park manager? If not, maybe that could been the OFF switch.

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:07 AM   #5

Rich:

No we did not, as Canadians we firmly believe in not rocking the boat, often to our detriment. Same goes for approaching this man directly, I get antsy when this off duty rent-a-cop walks around in his jeans with a loaded side-arm in a holster!!

We will make sure we are not anywhere near them when we return in a couple of weeks.

2006 32' Sunny Brook
Old 01-05-2005, 06:23 AM   #6

Maybe if you call them or write and tell them you will not be back because of this,they will think about doing something. Money or the lack of getting it talks.
Joe
Our Website
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 06:14 AM   #7

Our last two camping trips we has neighbours who had lights mounted above their water/electric hook-ups on their Rv's. They kindly left lights on all day & night. One was 1 site away (they had a "porch light" type like you see in the front) and the other was a Class A with what looked like a headlight stuck in the side facing straight out (they seemed to stay holed up in their RV). The Class A's lighting was helped out by some one next to them who left a strange looking light on all night (looked like a plastic flower pot on a pole with big christmas light bulbs stuck all over it, don't know why it was there...never saw anyone all weekend). We really enjoyed sleeping in semi-darkness. Maybe the light bothered us because we were in our little vintage pop-up as opposed to a big fiver or Class A. I don't understand why folks leave lights on all night like that. It won't scare anyone off. And if you are that afraid of the dark, then why would you go camping? I think its just inconsiderate people.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 06:21 AM   #8

As one who owns and is familiar with firearms, that idiot running around with a gun would bother me far more. You don't say where you were but the first thing I would want to check out is if the gun was legal. It has been my experience that most rent-a-cops are police-officer wanta-be's. Unless it happens to be legal there for anyone to walk around with a gun, I suspect that he isn't legal. I would never park near such a person anyway.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:57 AM   #9

Thanks Kirk:

This was in Southern Georgia, this guy is in 70's and worked a night shift. I don't know what the heck he was thinking when he strapped on the holster, maybe his wife saw a mouse!!

I did speak to the campground owner and he indicated that the matter had benn reported by a couple of folks and will be followed up on.

This couple had just moved in to the campground after giving their stick house, she must have had a lot of stuff she did not want to give up as they had two large utility trailers, two vehicles and a HEATED tent for her plants!!!!!

Made for a very crowded space, as I said, we are making sure we will not be anywhere near them when we go back, if they are still there!

2006 32' Sunny Brook
Old 01-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #10

Bob,
So sorry for the lights you had to deal with. I along with some others would be more afraid of someone with a gun who has to have all of those lights on coming out blazing away at any one getting to close.
The few times we have stayed in a CG with hook-ups, we have experienced folks putting up lights around their awnings, lights on a portable fence and even lights on simulated street post. When I ask if they would turn them off around 11PM so the lights were not shining in our camper and every one else's, I got an ear full about freedoms he had. The CG host finally had to step in.
I guess that is why I prefer the woods.

WRV of Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:32 AM   #11

I had to laugh when reading this post. if i even hit the switch to ours my husband turns them of ASAP! he hates these light on...so you are not alone

San Antonio, Texas
DanJenn is offline   Reply With Quote