Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
What did they charge for the test?
I took my RV into Central Florida RV - it cost me $300 to run the test and seal up the half dozen small potential leaks that they discovered. It was about a 2 hour process and I was happy with the results
pete5016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2020, 07:14 PM   #58

Freightliner Owners Club
In Dec 2018, before heading down to Florida, I could not find a leak near my passenger chair next to door. Finally put eternabond tape over every seam on roof...problem solved.
jabassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:44 PM   #59

Leak

Quote:
I've checked it closely many times and I can't see anything!
I have a 2000 DP. I accidentally put my foot thru my shower skylight while I was putting coach cover on last fall. The outer shell and inner shell are separate and are bonded together with a sticky sealant of some sort.
After cleaning all the area up, I noticed the inner clear dome had a small hole drilled about 1/32 near the edge probably for air equalization. Never noticed it before I took it all apart. Mine also is sealed with the same tape. If everything is sealed outside I would agree that maybe condensation.
Arkansas RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:48 PM   #60

Quote:
Does anyone know how thick the roof is on the 2002 Windsor? I'm getting ready to go buy the screws and want to be sure they are long enough without having a lot sticking through into the attic space. Thanks!
On my 2000 screws were 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches in length
Old 11-08-2020, 10:08 PM   #61

I just looked up Sealtech to see what it was. About four thousand dollars to buy one. Wow! I have a squirrel cage type fan from an old air conditioner which I sort of sealed to the main door of my RV with some plastic sheeting I had and duct tape. My equipment is slightly cheaper. No doubt theirs works a bit better, but still..

I can see what everyone here has said they paid to have people use the Sealtech to find and repair tricky leaks as reasonable. Just the price of the machine kind of blows me away for what it is. Just a fan with some vent and seal attachments really. But never mind, none of us want to actually BUY one I guess.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:52 AM   #62

Skylight leak

Have you checked the skylight plastic itself for hairline cracks?
I had a skylight leak “fixed” many times by examining the installation joint. However the leak was actually through the skylight plastic in a crack radiating from attachment screw. As the wind blows, the crack opens and in comes the water.
vanamiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 03:24 PM   #63

Finding water leaks - a bummer!

I had my RV SealTeched twice by 2 different dealers. $160.00 each test. They found a few little leaks but never the real problem. - I was continuously getting water in my front overhang upper bunk floor area. I think it was coming in from the side seams that join the 2 sides to the top upper. Water can be VERY sneeky!!
Greg O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 04:56 PM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Good luck with that! The nearest shop that has the equipment was 3 hours away from us!
We live in the UP of Michigan. Everything is at least 3 hours away.
Kountry_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:05 PM   #65

Go slow but try again to firmly pull the plastic down. I had to replace the outer plastic last year (2008 Tiffin Allegro). It also didn't look like it was "leaky" but it was. Good Luck and keep it between the ditches!
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #66
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I completed the installation of the outside dome Saturday. The new inner dome will be here in a few days. I have to get the ceiling finished before installing the inner dome. I'll post some pics later to show you what kind of mess I had!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:55 AM   #67
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I originally had one thread about my ceiling problem and then this one about the SealTech system. Now I realize I should have just had the one thread about the ceiling. I'm going to stop posting in this thread and just do updates in the ceiling thread over in Motorhome General Discussions. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions!

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/big-...em-509075.html
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak, seal