Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2020, 06:49 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Search Question

I feel like there has to be many threads on the subject of Yosemite National Park, but when I do a search, I don't understand what is retrieved. I've tried the search on the top tool bar and the one in the individual forum. Can someone tell me why either the search doesn't work or what I'm doing wrong.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2020, 07:00 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
I believe a default search is too generic. If you just hit search and type Yosemite or yosemite national park, it will find threads with "yosemite" or "national" or "park" anywhere in the thread.

I believe you can search for "Yosemite National Park" with the quotes around it and it will find that exact phrasing. You can also do an advanced search and limit it to the title of the thread.

You might also get different results by going to Google and searching on site:irv2.com "Yosemite National Park"
Old 11-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #3

https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/camping.htm

In the park camping is on a lottery system. And I understand they are starting a reservation system to ENTER the park. You need to be aware of both schemes.
Agesilaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 07:30 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I wasn't expecting to find a CG in the park. Generally those (NP, USFS, etc.) are either not full service or do not accommodate 40' FW. I figured there would be a plethora of commercial CGs in the area.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:38 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
You can go to the actual Camping Locations forum then on the right side of the bar just above the thread list click on "Search This Forum" and type in Yosemite.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/

A better way to see campgrounds for an area is to use the sister site to IRV2
https://www.campgroundreviews.com

Select California then zoom in to see the location of every known campground and RV park in the area around Yosemite. You can click on the blue pointer bubbles to see the campground name and it will have a link to go to a full page for the campground.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:18 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
You can go to the actual Camping Locations forum then on the right side of the bar just above the thread list click on "Search This Forum" and type in Yosemite.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/

A better way to see campgrounds for an area is to use the sister site to IRV2
https://www.campgroundreviews.com
Thanks, I tried the "Search This Forum" within the Camping Locations as you suggested and was disappointed with the results. Also, I use the CG Review tool a lot so I'm familiar with that.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
To search in this forum I would use the dark gree search box in the upper right that says "powered by Google". I use the Search in the light green menu bar just for finding my own posts.
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadEyePie View Post
I wasn't expecting to find a CG in the park. Generally those (NP, USFS, etc.) are either not full service or do not accommodate 40' FW. I figured there would be a plethora of commercial CGs in the area.
There is not an over abundance of campgrounds in that area. Some on the west side and some on the east side but none are what I would consider close to the park. Mono Vista RV Park is in Lee Vining and some other campgrounds down around Mammoth which is 25 or so miles.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadEyePie View Post
I used the department of forestry campground. Dry camp, but no problems if you're set up right.
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:29 PM   #10

Using quotation marks does little, instead use a + sign between words_no spaces. This is my result for yosemite+national+park: https://www.google.com/search?q=yose...earch=irv2.com
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:43 PM   #11

If you want to do a site or forum specific search, use this formula in Google. You can see what I did.

Yosemite National Park site:irv2.com
Results below

https://www.google.com/search?q=Yose...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 11-23-2020, 06:40 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Too many "Search" buttons. One up by the "Powered by Google". One on the toolbar immediately below that (top), Another one that says "Search this Forum" and yet another one that says "Search this Thread". And I'm apparently not any good at using any of them....but I might get better.
Old 11-23-2020, 08:10 PM   #13

FWIW I think the google search box is best for most quires. The search box in the bar is best for searching for your or another members previous posts.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote