Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2018, 06:43 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc View Post
I'm waffling a bit on what I previously posted. Like I said, the trooper definitely said that seat belts were not required in Washington state for RV passengers other than the driver and cab occupant.

However, I just looked at this link that I have bookmarked and it shows that Washington is among 21 other states that require that ALL passengers in an RV must be using seat belts regardless of where they are located in the RV:

Things You Need To Know About RV Seat Belt Laws
This is the type of crap article that I put no credence in.

No date
First name author
No citations

and as others have pointed out; full of inaccuracies.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2018, 11:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I can't speak to the entire article you posted. However, I can assure you the information provided is completely inaccurate for the state of TN. I would assume the rest of the article contains many inaccuracies too. Being posted on the internet does not make it a fact.

If the WSP and an internet article disagree, I'd be more likely to believe the WSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfryman View Post
This is the type of crap article that I put no credence in.

No date
First name author
No citations

and as others have pointed out; full of inaccuracies.

Ok, since you guys have made me feel like a piece of poo for posting that article (actually, it is evidently a blog post), I've done some more research and perhaps this is a bit better --if not more complete-- article:

What You Need to Know About RV Seat Belt Safety

It has a date: August 10, 2017

It has an author: Sondra Rochelle (she's an "RV enthusiast but evidently not an expert or a professional researcher)

The citation is this chart that has no date or author but appears relatively comprehensive: RV Help Desk - RV Tips - Seat Belt Laws by Stage

It still shows Washington state requiring ALL passengers to use belts except for medical reasons or all belts used.

The chart does have a disclaimer that it "is provided as a guide only and we recommend you contact each state you plan to travel in for the most current seat belt and traffic laws."

I will attempt to look through the Washington state RCWs to see if it specifically cites what's in the chart as being RV or motorhome specific and I'd suggest that the OP and everybody else do the same for their state or states that they plan on traveling though as the chart author recommends.

Again, my apologies for initially posting a "crap article full of inaccuracies."
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote