Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2015, 06:37 AM   #15

When I sold real estate I had small prescription bottles filled with M&M's.The exterior lable had instructions to take one every hour until you felt better. Once the deal was signed I would give buyers a bottles and tell them they were buyers remorse pills. Everyone gets it at some point be it new or used.
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #16

I ordered an F350 last week to replace my beloved F150 Ecoboost that has hauled my fiver from VT to the Grand Tetons and back. As I prepare the F150 for sale by stripping aftermarket add ons, I keep thinking how much I love the speed and nimble handling as compared to what the Super Duty will be like, and learning about diesel stuff so I can treat it right. Then I remember that I will be fully retired in a year and won't be commuting, but will be hauling the fiver around the country and I feel a lot better. Relaxxxx!
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:38 PM   #17

Spend the money and leave the motorhome in the will (or whatever is left of it)...
Old 01-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #18

You should take your feelings seriously.

Sit down with someone you can take into your confidence, outside of the forum, maybe a retirement financial advisor, and have him challenge your decision. If, after that, you still want the new rv, then fine, and you will sleep better having dealt with whatever is actually bothering you, which is probably not something you have identified or disclosed in this thread.

Sometimes, failing to address an issue directly, will cause that issue to haunt you over the years and for you to regret the emotional release of spending money on something that was, possibly, in your mind an optional and emotional decision.

I'm not an advocate of don't worry be happy, unless and until you fully resolve what is bothering you, then buy the rv knowing you thought it through clearly.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIDan View Post
Spend the money and leave the motorhome in the will (or whatever is left of it)...

100% It is better to give them a used MH than a new one. Just think the MH could be considered a family heirloom!!
Old 01-23-2015, 06:13 PM   #20

Maybe some of our concern about spending so much money for a new coach is even considering we're going from a 36' to a 40' we're still losing interior cabinet space due to the side windows reaching above the bottom of the cabinets which necessitates shortening the depth of the cabinets, the ridiculously large ice maker in the Maytag residential refrigerator takes up so much frig room (but nice freezer area), the dinky 45 gal black tank which some posters are claiming only 2-5 days usage before dumping, and having to fuss with all those pads under the full-wall slide each time extending/retracting.

Then outside one compartment is lost due to taking up 2 for battery storage instead of the usual one, and the DEF tank takes up another one.

We went through all these item by item before placing the order and thought we had thoroughly convinced ourselves everything could be worked around but it all still seems to be continually haunting us.

I'm sure all the glitz and glamor will take us through this doubting once we see the coach but we still have several weeks to endure.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #21

I've had buyers remorse with every car, boat, motorcycle I've had. And did it cross my mind again with our new coach order? Yes it did! Looking back, I regret not one penny and wouldn't trade one moment of the great times I had with friends and family. And I'm going to do it again starting the great memories ,the good times with friends, family and this time grandkids. When my day comes my only disappointments will be the things I didn't do.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:41 AM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Maybe some of our concern about spending so much money for a new coach is even considering we're going from a 36' to a 40' we're still losing interior cabinet space due to the side windows reaching above the bottom of the cabinets which necessitates shortening the depth of the cabinets, the ridiculously large ice maker in the Maytag residential refrigerator takes up so much frig room (but nice freezer area), the dinky 45 gal black tank which some posters are claiming only 2-5 days usage before dumping, and having to fuss with all those pads under the full-wall slide each time extending/retracting.

Then outside one compartment is lost due to taking up 2 for battery storage instead of the usual one, and the DEF tank takes up another one.

We went through all these item by item before placing the order and thought we had thoroughly convinced ourselves everything could be worked around but it all still seems to be continually haunting us.

I'm sure all the glitz and glamor will take us through this doubting once we see the coach but we still have several weeks to endure.
Some of the things you are worrying about are just upgrades to the newer MH and some are engineering designs for example the 45 gallon black tank and the 45 gallon gray water tank are engineered that way because you have about a 90 or 100 gallon fresh water tank. This way you wont overflow your tanks. the two batteries are probably necessary for extra power for you coach (with all the new electronics) or for extra help in starting the engine, The DEF tank is.... well we just gotta use DEF if you have a newer unit so they gotta put it somewhere. Still you should have plenty of storage in the 40 footers basement. As long as you like the floor plan you should be fine

Don't worry, or try not to, I bought a new 40' DP this summer and still wonder if I should have ha. But like one person stated above, once you get down the road all that will not seem important anymore. My DW says I drive with a big old grin on my face ha
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:18 AM   #23

Dinky 45 gallon? What a luxury... In my search for a new unit, my target is still in the 30 ft range, is how small some of the tanks are. They go out of there way to come up with room for sleeping 4,6,8 people but holding tanks for 2. I suppose the designers believe everyone is going to hook up to sewer or go in the woods.

One of the reasons I am looking is for bigger tanks. So far the unit with decent tank sizes is just over my price target but could be a suspect. Thanks Newmar...

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:30 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Right after we did the 'deal' trading our trusty 2002, highly upgraded, recently full body painted, Winne Journey on the Allure, I had similar thoughts. I knew the Journey inside and out, it ran like a top, looked like new inside and out, and more than met our traveling needs/desires. I kept asking myself 'what did you do, fool?'

After the first few trips in the newer coach with the added luxury of heated tile floors, Aqua Hot, four slides, king bed, near silent ride and tag axle handling, I got over it. We just recently bought a new F150 so we can haul our newly acquired custom golf car along. I worked hard for the money and plan to use it (within reason and with the continued consultation with my financial advisor) for our retirement enjoyment. Life is too short.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:57 AM   #25

Hey Mr. D, I noticed that your Newmar is a 2002. Spend that money you don't know what to do with on a nice new 2015. That way you can continue this thread until your new rig arrives, LOL!
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:29 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Thanks for the support, I needed it.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Perhaps you are like me - sometimes you feel a little guilty to have it so good.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote