Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our RV’s bedroom mattress came from the factory with an off-brand knock-off of the Select Comfort Sleep Number system. The compressor recently went out so I needed to replace it. Unfortunately the manufacturer that made this system is no longer in business.

I just purchased and installed a Sleep Number. The remotes for my factory mattress were mounted to the night stand counter tops with velcro. The remotes were flat so this was easy to do. The Select Comfort remotes are not flat, making the velcro option seem a bit dicey.

For those of you with the Select Comfort system, how do you secure your remotes? I was hoping that Select Comfort made some sort of wall mounted holder, but I could not find anything after doing a Google search.

Thanks.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #2

I use 3M mounting hooks ...

I bought 4 metal L shaped hooks ... I put 2 on the wall near the wall lamps at the head of the bed ...

The other two I bent the hooks into a "loop" and fastened them the back of the Select Comfort controls ... the controls are hung on the walls with the loop over the hook ...

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #3

I don't want to hijack your topic, but I have an additional question. With the select comfort system while boondocking and no generator, how do you air up the mattress? Is there a manual option?
BTW I would go with a wall mountable shoe rack for the remotes. Also used for glasses, pocket items, books, etc.
Glen41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen41:
I don't want to hijack your topic, but I have an additional question. With the select comfort system while boondocking and no generator, how do you air up the mattress? Is there a manual option?
There is no manual option, at least not on mine.

Not sure what type of RV you have, but most RV's these days have on board power inverters. My inverter powers the outlet the compressor is plugged into, so boondocking is not an issue.

Craig

Old 02-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Craig,
Don't have my rig here, but my bed came with two wall holders for the remotes. Furnished by SelectComfort. You may have to call the factory for the part number. Kinda surprised yours didn't come with the holders included.

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by ruppr:
Craig,
Don't have my rig here, but my bed came with two wall holders for the remotes. Furnished by SelectComfort. You may have to call the factory for the part number. Kinda surprised yours didn't come with the holders included.

Best,
That's also the way mine came.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:14 PM   #7

We have a older Queen size Select Comfort air bed which has a single wireless remote that operates both sides of bed. Left/right; up or down air pressure, etc. We keep controller in a drawer next to the bed when traveling and on the window sill between us while camping. I replaced the regular bed in MH with air bed from our home when we upgraded to a new airbed in our sticks & bricks home. We love the air beds. I am a 60, DW is a 35.

2000 Winnebago Adventurer 37G
winnipooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the replies Folks.

I called Select Comfort. The C.S. rep. had no idea what I was talking about, so she put me on hold whle she talked to her manager. She came back on the line and said that the wall mounts are only available to RV manufacturers, and that I would have to contact Fleetwood.

I called a friend of mine that works for Fleetwood, and he has a pair on order for me.

Thanks again for your help!

Craig

Old 02-25-2009, 07:51 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Select comfort has wall holders. Mine came with it.