Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2022, 12:19 PM   #1

Sell motorhome

where is the best place to find what my motorhome is worth.
Thanks in advance
Gary
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2022, 02:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Do a search for your year/make/model coach and look at comparable coaches that are currently for sale.

Prices are crazy now but with fuel prices going up the higher prices may not stick around.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 04:55 AM   #3

Ask your insurance agent to look up the value for you.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 07:51 AM   #4

NADA RV is a good place to look.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 08:05 AM   #5

I think at this point in time what it is worth and what it could sell for are two different numbers, to see what they are selling for and how fast I would go with jacwjames recommendation. I think your insurance company and NADA will give you a lower figure in the present market conditions, they are supposed to represent current sale prices but they don't seem to be keeping up.
As an example: There's a guy on the Sprinter forum who had his brand new Sprinter get totaled while it was being delivered and fell off the trailer. The insurance will only pay him for the book value, which is what he paid but he can't replace it for that because of the premium they are selling for now.
If you look on RV Trader you can see a lot of prices, in general the private party sale prices are lower than the dealer ones.
bigb56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 12:18 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Go to RVTrader.com and do a search based on your MH specs. That will give you an idea of what others around the country are asking for the same make and model. Keep in mind though, that this is the asking price, not necessarily what they end up getting for it!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 12:30 PM   #7

PPL Motorhomes, a consignment dealer, has some good info on the different factors. In addition, they publish actual selling prices, which I assume are accurate:

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/rv-pricing-information

They're located in Texas so I don't know how reflective their selling price info is of that in other regions of the country. Note that they offer a free, now obligation, appraisal service, so you don't have anything to lose by calling them.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 04:08 PM   #8

PPL Consignment ... here are diesel motorhomes with sold prices within the past two years. You can also search gas motorhomes if that's what you have.

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/diesel-motorhomes-sold
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:30 AM   #9

sell motorhome

we used Facebook market place . Looks like it is sold
Thanks Gary
Old 05-18-2022, 10:54 AM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to Dsrtrider
selling motorhome

I put my gas class A on Craigslist It was Immaculate with 23K miles I priced it to sell I was approx. 5K lower than anyone else it did need slide toppers and tires were 6 yrs old. It sold the first day to the first person that came out and they lived 2 miles away. Could I have got a little more maybe but i didnt want to wait around. price it accordingly and it will sell.
Dsrtrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, motorhome, sell