Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2012, 03:31 AM   #1

Selling Motorhome online...

We have a [ moderator edit ] motorhome we are selling. I have it listed on Craigslist for sale (Columbus, Ohio section). Can anyone recommend another site to also list it on? Is RV Trader worth the money? I'm getting ready to put it in the classifieds here...

We purchased a 2010 travel trailer over the summer and put it on a permanent camping site. We have had our motorhome at our permanent site for our friends who had been coming down occassionally. Well, they just purchased their own camper yesterday! So we decided it's time to sell the motorhome.

Thanks!
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2012, 04:05 AM   #2

Try: TiffinRVNetwork
Old 09-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #3

bought found mine on craigslist

another way to find sites is to do a yahoo, bing, etc. search for lets say 2009 winnebago 38ft diesel pusher. you will see all sorts of sites pop up go to them and see what they are. lots of them are tied back to craigslist, ebay, etc. then you can see best coverage. would mine searching craigs list for retirement areas across united states. wish craigs list would let you put in what you want then do a country search.
wonderer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #4

Tony and Amy - we bought our first RV on craigslist and our second (today!!) on ebay. We've been looking everyday on CL in Denver, Vegas and Phoenix but could not find what we were looking gor in our price range. We found one on ebay last week and I called the seller (dealer) today and negotiated a price that is less than NADA. I did look once at RV.com but found prices to be ridiculous. I think CL is your best bet for a fair price. My 2c
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #5

RV Online .com great place
swampdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:59 AM   #6

Thanks!!! It's on craigslist right now. (We use Craigslist often, but it's difficult to reach large quantity of people.) A couple people are supposed come look this weekend. If that doesn't pan out, I may do ebay...my brother sells regularly on ebay.
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Be very cautious of buyers from any source. Lots of scam artist prowl the ads especially Craigslist.

Only handle the sale with a bank to bank wire transfer to your bank. DO NOT accept a bank draft or cashiers check...they can be forged to easily. DO NOT sign over the title until you have the money confirmed in your account by your bank.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #8

A friend just listed his 17 yr old MH on Craigs list and sold it in two days. Hang in there, the right buyer will come along
Old 10-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Try RVUSA it is a great site and was very helpful in determining which MH I bought
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome