Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2022, 05:47 PM   #1

Selling my coach. Scam??

We have a 2020 Newmar Ventana 4037 that we decided to sell. I’m in SW Florida. I put it on RV trader and RVT. I get a message from a guy who works for “click it RV” out of Spokane, Washington who is an internet buyer for a RV company called “Dennis Dillon” out of Orange County California. I’ve received a number of buy prices from other RV dealerships but this price is 30-40 grand higher. I researched these dealerships and they seem legit. I’d love to take their money but their offer is so high compared to others I’m worried. They say they will fly out a driver, inspect the coach and wire me the money. I don’t sign over the title until the money is in my account. Anyone have any experience here, do coaches just sell for more in California? Sooo many scams out there I’m just worried. Suggestions/advice?
HatrackRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2022, 06:01 PM   #2

Dennis Dillon is a vehicle dealer that has been around a long time--or at least the name has been. If they use a bank transfer, and the bank says it is yours, don't see a problem. But I would be ready for a host of reasons why the coach doesn't meet their standards and the actual offer is '30-40k' less...
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 06:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatrackRV View Post
We have a 2020 Newmar Ventana 4037 that we decided to sell. I’m in SW Florida. I put it on RV trader and RVT. I get a message from a guy who works for “click it RV” out of Spokane, Washington who is an internet buyer for a RV company called “Dennis Dillon” out of Orange County California. I’ve received a number of buy prices from other RV dealerships but this price is 30-40 grand higher. I researched these dealerships and they seem legit. I’d love to take their money but their offer is so high compared to others I’m worried. They say they will fly out a driver, inspect the coach and wire me the money. I don’t sign over the title until the money is in my account. Anyone have any experience here, do coaches just sell for more in California? Sooo many scams out there I’m just worried. Suggestions/advice?
I’m here in Texas and I sold a truck to a truck dealership in Atlanta and I was skeptical at every turn. Turned out that they were looking for a truck to doll up and take to truck shows all over the country.

I agree that it’s probably legit but be cautious. Make no promises, pick no one up at the airport, every aspect concerning money has to be done thru your financial institution and be ready to cut them loose when demands don’t meet your criteria. And give them no personal info other than the necessary stuff. Good luck.
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 06:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
I’m here in Texas and I sold a truck to a truck dealership in Atlanta and I was skeptical at every turn. Turned out that they were looking for a truck to doll up and take to truck shows all over the country.

I agree that it’s probably legit but be cautious. Make no promises, pick no one up at the airport, every aspect concerning money has to be done thru your financial institution and be ready to cut them loose when demands don’t meet your criteria. And give them no personal info other than the necessary stuff. Good luck.
This is really great advice I will keep in mind if we ever get around to selling -- thanks!
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:22 AM   #5

And yes, coaches do sell for a lot more in California. We have expensive dirt out here and RV lots take up a lot of expensive dirt. Plus, there is just a ton of money in CA and a lot of people don't want to spend the time shopping coaches across the country, arrange for delivery, yada yada yada... so they over pay at the local dealer for what ever is on the lot.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:28 AM   #6

I can confirm Click It is a real place. I live near Spokane. We ended up buying our last RV from them.

You might call the listed dealerships and see if they know anything about the person messaging you.
Nwcid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sell