Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2022, 04:15 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGN83 View Post
When I'm the buyer, I definitely would not pay more for after market/third party items and generally steer clear of vehicals that have been modified.
I guess I don't consider putting in new batteries 'after market or modified'. Everyone's batteries get replaced eventually. To me, this would be a plus to have brand new batteries.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2022, 05:48 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
If I was looking to buy, I would want new batteries, and the type that I prefer, which the seller would have no idea about. So I would prefer that it have only one cheap battery so that I can test all the electronics, then after I make the purchase, I will buy the batteries that I really want.
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 08:03 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGN83 View Post
When I'm the buyer, I definitely would not pay more for after market/third party items and generally steer clear of vehicals that have been modified. If I was buying something that had been modified, I'd want to know who did the installation and documentation showing it was done by a pro. Why? No offense to the OP but from what I've seen in the automotive world there are a lot of driveway mechanics out there who don't actually know what they are doing. Watch a few videos on the YouTube channel "just rolled in". Recently while trading in a car the sales manager at the dealership asked if the car had any mods. I said no and asked how it would impact the price if it did. He laughed and said I would be amazed at the crappy "upgrades" people came in with and thought they were gold. To him they make the car worth less because they have to remove them
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
I guess I don't consider putting in new batteries 'after market or modified'. Everyone's batteries get replaced eventually. To me, this would be a plus to have brand new batteries.
I believe DRAGN may be referring to the modifications the OP made with the lithium batteries and other paraphernalia required to run them. I feel the same way and normally steer clear of a vehicle that someone else modified themselves. Just seems that more times than not, the mods weren't installed the way I think they should have been installed.

As far as the OP's, I'm not sure what all is involved with the removal of his mods. I'd hope their removal didn't leave any marks on the RV such as holes in walls, etc,,,.
Old 11-14-2022, 06:52 AM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I just replaced my Class A motorhome house batteries in October. After much research I bought four golf cart 6V deep cycle batteries from Lowes. Yes Lowes! They are made by Penn battery manufacturing who also make the Trogen 105s everyone swears are the best. The Lowes batteries have the same features as the Trogens and cost half as much. They are deep cycle for using in golf carts, industrial sweepers, and forklifts, etc. Lowes has a $10 refundable battery core charge. The only downside was I had to pay up front and wait two weeks for delivery. BTY they were made in 09/22. No sitting around on a shelf for months or years.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 07:04 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine36 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but when I sell any recreational vehicle like RVs, boats, snowmobiles, motorcycles etc I consider the value of any upgrades into the price of what it's worth. That said, I'd figure the value of two used T105's and the shunt at let's say an additional $300-400 bucks or so additional value to the asking price. I'd rather leave them in and ask a few hundred more than spend $100 plus core on that new deep cycle grp27 and use that additional sales price money towards NEW battery upgrades on my next rig. Less work and makes your RV more marketable to potential buyers. Contrary to what some may think, potential buyers do notice battery upgrades and such and are willing to pay extra.
That's just my .02c.

All of the add-ons and changes do not add much to the value of the vehicle. Most are personal preference and what appeals to one person may not to another. I have owned motorcycles since I was young. I see people selling them for way over what the actual blue book value is because of all the stuff they've added. Chrome, loud exhaust, decorative lighting, fancy seats and other add-ons means nothing to me.
Most people buying used, research the actual resale value. Pointing out a new original type battery would be more beneficial than used ones.

If you look at NADA, Kelly and Edmunds, only factory options are listed.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:46 AM   #48

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
IMO, stripping down an RV prior to sale is not necessarily best practice. Sure you might be able to keep a few things, but an informed buyer will make a lower price offer. If I were in the market for a used trailer, I would ask why there was a new battery, and lower my offer price accordingly. Some people also want to strip out charge controllers and shunts. I dunno, my thinking is that a stripped down trailer is not worth as much.
I would simply say that it needed a battery replacement so I went ahead and got one. It wouldn't be lying because it did need it because I was keeping the ones on it. You could also say that you thought a buyer would appreciate having a new battery. You're always going to have people trying to "lowball" you.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:42 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post
If I was looking to buy, I would want new batteries, and the type that I prefer, which the seller would have no idea about. So I would prefer that it have only one cheap battery so that I can test all the electronics, then after I make the purchase, I will buy the batteries that I really want.
Bingo.. best idea. :
mickeybitsko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 06:12 AM   #50

Most of the replies here are coming from current owners who have upgraded their batteries for one reason or another.

Someone looking to buy a used trailer is probably a first time buyer and knows little about what battery is best. They would consider a new battery one less thing they have to worry about. They are looking at overall condition.

About the same as buying a used car. Would you question why they are new tires, a new battery and fresh oil change?
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, sell