Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
Have you actually had any experiences, good or bad, with a CW
I took my rig to the local CW (1.5 hours one way) for warranty issues. I made 7 trips because their "fix" failed. They employ an intermediated to prevent the customer from talking to the service man. When it became clear that the intermediate did not know the difference between volts and amps, I finally got to talk to the service man. His most recent “conclusion”, having been wrong three time before was, that vibration (when parked and plugged in) was effecting the AC thermostat. I tried to convince him that he could manually override the thermostat to see if that was why the AC cycled way too much. He just wanted to replace it. He had already replaced other components to no avail.

I decided that all the gas I was burning and loss of use of the rig was not worth the savings of having warranty work for free. I found out that the AC cycled because the manufacturer incorrectly wired a sensing transformer for the power management system. It took me about 4 hours to conclude that and 20 minutes to fix. I suspect the troubleshooting was far too complicated for the servicemen to handle.

I found that the other problem was due to two sheared 5/8“ bolts. That took a lot of effort to find, about 10 hours and another 10 to fix. Instead CW had tried several band aide fixes and in the process busted the heads off of a few adjusting bolts. Several hours were need to extract those bolts and replace them.

My fixes have last for several years and counting. I know of no one that has been satisfied with CW service. There is hardly a month that goes by when a friend or a friend of a friend dose not ask me for help with a problem that CW failed to fix or wants a ton of dollars to try. I could provide many examples of unbeleivably bad service not to mention incredibly long wait times.

CW is just another example of the inverse relation between the growth of a company and the quality of its customer serivce.
pokgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2021, 03:24 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokgunner View Post
I took my rig to the local CW (1.5 hours one way) for warranty issues. I made 7 trips because their "fix" failed.
CW is just another example of the inverse relation between the growth of a company and the quality of its customer serivce.
I feel for you and it's a shame that some places are incompetent. CW doesn't hold a patent on that and every dealership has good and bad points. The bigger the company the more chances for bad apples.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:01 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadJokeDad View Post
....even though we've only had our RV for a couple months, I think next year we'll be getting rid of it and getting a small cabin in the woods.
I'm sorry but this tickled me. I have a neighbor who went exactly the opposite way. They have bought an RV and are trying to unload their cabin. Because the cabin is few hours away and they can't/couldn't get anyone to help care for it. The tree falling on the roof and letting rain ruin a good part of about everything was the last straw. He said if that happened to the RV in the driveway he could at least gotten a tarp, a ladder, and maybe a neighbor and at least covered the hole.
Last I heard they had about given up on getting anyone to repair the cabin and were seriously considering bulldozing it in favor of an RV pad or just selling the property. Apparently a cabin with a tree through the roof isn't too hot a seller.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs, sell, service