Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2021, 12:30 PM   #15

X10
Stuff-Happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2021, 12:35 PM   #16

https://www.sanidumps.com/sanidumps_canada.php There are other similar apps.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 12:52 PM   #17

Why anyone would even consider dumping
Raw sewage on the ground is just unfathomable
To me..its unhealthy ,disgusting, and downright
Disrespectfull of others...just my humble opinion..
My wife and i are fulltimers..we have never even
Considered doing this. Loves truckstops have
Dumpstations..state parks..etc..its not that hard
To find one...id imagine if you got caught it would
Be a nasty well deserved fine...if i was a judge id make
You clean it up..punishment befitting the crime..
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 01:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman155 View Post
Every article I read on all these forums I subscribe to, they all talk about the states hardly anything in Canada where i am from. My question to everyone is how do you dump your tanks in winter especially if you are travelling say to go skiing and you stay in your motor home or truck camper, or you are travelling to where its warm. Your tanks are getting full can't find a dump station or they are closed, so do you do a Cousin Eddy find the nearest drain and way you go, or just pull the drain and fertilize the road as you are driving down the road. I camped all year in a campground that had only power no water, haul yourself, no sewer haul yourself or suck truck. So when travelling in winter how do you dump the tanks especially in Canada or the northern States with lots of snow and no poop dump available. Just asking?????
Where we go snow skiing, the campground indicates it shut off the water and sewer. However, I asked them about it and they said the sewer system still works, it is just the maintenance people does not want to continually dig out the sewer holes. So I usually offer my granddaughter $5 to go out and attempt to locate the drop and dig it out!

OR, I use a Home Depot 5 gallon bucket and haul the "stuff" to the open restrooms.

Once I was camped in a park that only had "outhouses". The roving ranger caught me lugging a full bucket toward the potty pit and ordered me to "Halt". He then jumped out of his truck and lifted the bucket into the back of his truck and said "hop in, I'll drive you there". We probably made 20 trips!

This boils down to the proverb "where there's a will, there's a way"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	orange-the-home-depot-paint-bucket.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	351673  
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 01:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM901 View Post
We use a natural enzyme treatment for the tanks. This summer we had no other option but to dump the tank in a cattle pasture in an unnamed western state. What came out of the hose was somewhat stinky liquid. Zero solids, TP. The smell died in an hour or so.

I figure our waste was cleaner than 100s of cattle manure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff-Happens View Post
X10
Your response goes against your name....
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #20

I have trouble believing that RVers will dump like this and think it's OK. At first, I thought it was a joke or some trolling. It's insulting to responsible campers.
tinkerreknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 04:47 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I was doing it on private land with the owners' permission. Your comment could just as well have been "human waste usually does not carry human diseases, but can do so. And cattle waste usually does not carry diseases, but can do so. "

Last I heard, Haiti is not a western state.

And finally, enzyme treatment is an acceptable way to make waste water reusable. http://www.naturebioscience.com/wast...-chemicals.php
Old 12-17-2021, 05:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashman155 View Post
.... So when travelling in winter how do you dump the tanks especially in Canada or the northern States with lots of snow and no poop dump available. Just asking?????
Back to your original question, another place to consider dumping is a sewage treatment plant. Septic tank pumping trucks (suck trucks) will many times dump the load in their truck at the plant. Check a few in your area to see if they can accommodate your RV.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 06:25 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmonter View Post
Why anyone would even consider dumping
Raw sewage on the ground is just unfathomable
To me..its unhealthy ,disgusting, and downright
Disrespectfull of others...just my humble opinion..
My wife and i are fulltimers..we have never even
Considered doing this. Loves truckstops have
Dumpstations..state parks..etc..its not that hard
To find one...id imagine if you got caught it would
Be a nasty well deserved fine...if i was a judge id make
You clean it up..punishment befitting the crime..
Quote:
I was doing it on private land with the owners' permission. Your comment could just as well have been "human waste usually does not carry human diseases, but can do so. And cattle waste usually does not carry diseases, but can do so. "

And finally, enzyme treatment is an acceptable way to make waste water reusable. Water Treatment Chemicals, Enzymes for Wastewater Treatment, Wastewater Treatment Using Enzymes*
That company designs chemicals for sewer treatment
Plants effluent(treated water). Your black tank is not a sewage treatment plant. Its a sewage storage tank.
varmonter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 07:34 PM   #24

Quote:
We use a natural enzyme treatment for the tanks. This summer we had no other option but to dump the tank in a cattle pasture in an unnamed western state. What came out of the hose was somewhat stinky liquid. Zero solids, TP. The smell died in an hour or so.

I figure our waste was cleaner than 100s of cattle manure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistent View Post
You are mistaken. Human waste can carry deadly to human diseases. Cattle waste usually does not. If you wish to give advice about open dumping, you should first do some research as to why there are so many restrictions.

A recent incident in Haiti killed thousands.
Exactly!
How would you feel if someone dumped in your front yard and said... no problem I use " natural" enzymes in my tank...!
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 07:37 PM   #25

Quote:

And finally, enzyme treatment is an acceptable way to make waste water reusable. http://www.naturebioscience.com/wast...-chemicals.php
Then just pump to your fresh water tank and reuse it!
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 04:55 AM   #26

It is Legal

I am a retired Water Treatment Engineer. In a lot of states it is legal to dump waste on private property if none of the waste goes off property.
Fully legal for me to dump on my farm property, it is fertilizer...
mohamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 05:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamer View Post
I am a retired Water Treatment Engineer. In a lot of states it is legal to dump waste on private property if none of the waste goes off property.
Fully legal for me to dump on my farm property, it is fertilizer...
Maybe so but don't do it. Especially not in my back yard.
I understand the OPs problem as in the Northern winters most out door activities are closed in the colder weather.

The fore mentioned suggestions may help but have you considered a composting toilet?
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 05:46 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosnandy View Post
If you insist on using your RV in the winter, and somehow manage to keep things from freezing, then you should also be able to use a macerator pump. That and a dedicated 50’ garden hose and you can dump anywhere that has a toilet.

https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-185550...9715575&sr=8-1
This gets my vote as the best answer. Enzymes do not treat wastewater - they can be a part of treatment. If this was a solution for RV wastewater, we wouldn't need dump stations.
tinkerreknit is offline   Reply With Quote