Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2021, 06:38 PM   #1

Sewer dumping

Every article I read on all these forums I subscribe to, they all talk about the states hardly anything in Canada where i am from. My question to everyone is how do you dump your tanks in winter especially if you are travelling say to go skiing and you stay in your motor home or truck camper, or you are travelling to where its warm. Your tanks are getting full can't find a dump station or they are closed, so do you do a Cousin Eddy find the nearest drain and way you go, or just pull the drain and fertilize the road as you are driving down the road. I camped all year in a campground that had only power no water, haul yourself, no sewer haul yourself or suck truck. So when travelling in winter how do you dump the tanks especially in Canada or the northern States with lots of snow and no poop dump available. Just asking?????
ashman155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2021, 09:34 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
If you insist on using your RV in the winter, and somehow manage to keep things from freezing, then you should also be able to use a macerator pump. That and a dedicated 50’ garden hose and you can dump anywhere that has a toilet.

https://www.amazon.com/Flojet-185550...9715575&sr=8-1
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 07:43 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We use a natural enzyme treatment for the tanks. This summer we had no other option but to dump the tank in a cattle pasture in an unnamed western state. What came out of the hose was somewhat stinky liquid. Zero solids, TP. The smell died in an hour or so.

I figure our waste was cleaner than 100s of cattle manure.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:52 AM   #4

Do not just open the valve and dump along the road. I would rather see you use a cow pasture. Of course, not sure how you just dump along the road as you drive: If I open the valve, my black tank would be empty before I made it to the cab and put my seat belt on.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:01 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Here’s a thread I just wish I had passed on ….

SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 08:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carybosse View Post
Do not just open the valve and dump along the road. I would rather see you use a cow pasture. Of course, not sure how you just dump along the road as you drive: If I open the valve, my black tank would be empty before I made it to the cab and put my seat belt on.
Newells' have a switch on the dash for the waste gate.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:46 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Macerator, garden hose and a toilet, flush or vault.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:10 AM   #8

Dave Mathews band tour bus driver hit the dumpy doo doo button driving over draw bridge over the Chicago River as tour boat was floating underneath full of people. It was big news here near Chicago.
https://blockclubchicago.org/2019/08...ars-ago-today/
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 10:19 AM   #9

If you can't dump in a proper dump station then use the public restrooms. I can't believe folks would just dump sewage on the property of another person. What is wrong with you guys? I don't care what country you're in.

No wonder more and more places are restricting RVs.
Old 12-17-2021, 10:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
If you can't dump in a proper dump station then use the public restrooms. I can't believe folks would just dump sewage on the property of another person. What is wrong with you guys? I don't care what country you're in.

X2.
Ldubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 10:56 AM   #11

Quote:

X3
It's illegal, irresponsible, and just plain nasty.
steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 10:59 AM   #12

Here in MI, truck stop dump stations are open year round.
steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 11:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM901 View Post
We use a natural enzyme treatment for the tanks. This summer we had no other option but to dump the tank in a cattle pasture in an unnamed western state. What came out of the hose was somewhat stinky liquid. Zero solids, TP. The smell died in an hour or so.

I figure our waste was cleaner than 100s of cattle manure.
You are mistaken. Human waste can carry deadly to human diseases. Cattle waste usually does not. If you wish to give advice about open dumping, you should first do some research as to why there are so many restrictions.

A recent incident in Haiti killed thousands.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 12:21 PM   #14

Quote:

Some countries dump raw sewer into rivers on a regular basis. Those same countries also have shorter life spans. I prefer to live in a country where sewage is treated.

So make this post a 4X of what you said.
HenryH001 is offline   Reply With Quote