Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #29
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
My RV sits so low to the ground it would have to go uphill to use my slinky support so I just walk it.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2019, 07:05 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
I use a support and leave both valves open. I don't have to deal with walking anything out or even mess with dumping tanks when parked. It works for me, but I'm sure others will disagree.
You leave the black open? That will be trouble.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:21 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple H View Post
Like I said, gravity. $hit flows downhill.
Truly. But in many situations a support will hinder rather than help. Sometimes you just have to walk it down. And having realized walking it down is satisfactory many logically discard the notion of supports using the following reasoning:

I want a well drained hose.

I can get a well drained hose without a support.

I don't need a support.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:28 PM   #32

Leaving it flat on the ground, "stuff" will settle into the folds in the hose. A couple days is enough for that "stuff" to dry and it builds up each time, not unlike the "pyramid" you can get from leaving the black tank valve open.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:51 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
Leaving it flat on the ground, "stuff" will settle into the folds in the hose. A couple days is enough for that "stuff" to dry and it builds up each time, not unlike the "pyramid" you can get from leaving the black tank valve open.
I think most of us dump the black then the grey. I'm satisfied that 30+ gallons of grey water going through the hose leaves little enough behind not to matter. Then the odds are pretty good that the next time I set it up the hose will be lying differently, and flexing the hose to set up and break down will loosen anything in it.

My wife and I park host a few weeks a year, and some of the engineering projects i see must take 30 minutes to set up and break down. I admire the tenacity, but it didn't take me long to decide that little plastic slinky was a pain in the rear; I can't imagine doing THAT every time. LOL
Old 10-04-2019, 06:22 AM   #34

A vinyl gutter and homemade adjustable stands work just fine for me.....but then, I wouldn't own a M/H either...
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #35

There are parks that require/request you use a support system for your hose.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:28 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
There are parks that require/request you use a support system for your hose.
Not only parks but states. Arizona is one. Unfortunately, some parks don't enforce the health dept. rules.

https://ranchosedona.com/park-rules/

https://koa.com/campgrounds/gila-ben...l-information/

https://www.welltonrvpark.com/rules/
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:19 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
With showers, washing dishes and running the clothes washer, we use water often enough while parked to keep things from drying out. As for "stuff" accumulating, replacing the sewer hose is something I do as a maintenance item on a regular basis.

I think some folks dedicate way too much time and thought to things that are really pretty simple. Sewer hoses and clean black tanks being just two examples.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:38 PM   #38

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have a 50 gallon black tank and 80 gallons of grey. I can go a long time between dumps. That said I will use a support if I am going to be somewhere for longer than a week.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:31 PM   #39
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I think some folks dedicate way too much time and thought to things that are really pretty simple. Sewer hoses and clean black tanks being just two examples.
I agree......some are waaaaay to anal about dumping and cleaning their tanks, pun intended.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #40

My only problem with sewer hoses is the ugly line of dead grass they leave across the grass when people don't support them for days at a time. Same problem with people who kill the grass on the campsite by spreading large rugs on the curbside of their RV leaving a large ugly dirt patch for following campers'.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:45 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Campground weed whackers are a good reason to use slinky support. Pinholes/small cuts can be explosive.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:32 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Mine is like this: https://gleseg.com/products/camco-20...RoC_n4QAvD_BwE

Takes less than two minutes to unfold the support and place the hose on it. I hook the hose up, unfold the support and slide it under the hose. The hose stays cleaner than it does sitting on dirt or grass.
It folds up compactly and stores easily.
Lynn
I clicked the link and got an interesting warning?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1464C1D8-7042-4F89-A699-9997ED5F60AE.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	275643  
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote