Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #15

Anyone on here know of a good, honest place around the Houston TX area to have service done on my travel trailer? I'm thinking after Camping World is done with it I would like to have someone else take a look at there "work" to make sure it's safe for me and my family.
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAU MAU View Post
And the pathetic Moderators over on RV.NET closed Bears thread once, and are threatening to close it again because he is spreading the truth.

I give the CEO credit for getting involved, but the service manager and the individual that did this butcher job should be terminated immediately.
I am unimpressed with that forum and the moderators on it. Does CW own them? Interesting. (I was wondering why the CEO of CW responded to that thread, so now it makes sense.)

When I think that we actually considered having our towing setup installed at the Katy CW, I cringe.

Bear, I wish you the best and I hope this unfortunate situation will be resolved to your satisfaction so that you can enjoy your new RV.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear25314 View Post
Anyone on here know of a good, honest place around the Houston TX area to have service done on my travel trailer? I'm thinking after Camping World is done with it I would like to have someone else take a look at there "work" to make sure it's safe for me and my family.
Check the reviews here... RV Service Review (Be sure to look at close-in communities like Conroe, Cypress, etc.) Also, check any business with the BBB of Houston. Good luck.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #18

Well, I've been promised that I will be taken care of. (actually, I thought I would be when I HIRED them to do this job). So far I haven't been by the Katy store. And shortly after the service manager finishes jumping up and down on my trailer, I go back into the store to leave my keys to find him and the General Manager of Camping World sharing a good laugh. Not 2 mins after the fact! Must have been real funny to them......
Old 03-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #19

We took our RV for service to camping world in Burlington.washinton. Beware of that place too.
Rojelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed S View Post
Here is my thoughts, you may not agree but, Camping World is good for products but service??? I must say I have never had service done by CW and would never even think of it. There are so many smaller rv shops around who know what service is all about and make things right without the hassle.
+1 Me too!
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #21

Boy, I have learned that lesson the hard way. camping World Katy Tx says my camper should be fixed this coming week. I can wait to get it out of there. I plan on taking it to another shop to have them check out there job after seeing how they treated it in the first place.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Maybe it's just me, but the people I come into contact with who work sales at CW give me the same feeling I get when I walk onto many used car lots. That organization has yet to impress me on any facet of their operation.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:44 AM   #23

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
I highly recommend Thornton's RV Repair and Service in Magnolia. Contact Gene Thornton and explain your situation if you want to start at the top.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #24

It seems that most service department have 1or2 techs that know what they are doing. Then several, I'll call them gofers and it looks like you got one of them. I've been there you just look at what they did and can't believe your eyes.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronk View Post
Camping World execs - Take notice!!

Bronk
I had a very bad experience there also. I was in contact with the execs and its seemed to make no difference. I live 120 miles from there. After app. 8 weeks of calling and bugging did I get the home back. Guess what? Every item that was "fixed" was broke and even other items that was not on the list but related to broke while we were on vacation. I had GS at the time and thought since somehow GS and camping world is somehow connected that service would be better. Now the home is in the shop having the cooling unit replaced and I am footing the bill. No more Good Sams or camping world for me. Still angry but time will heal.
Pig Trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #26

Damon Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to JimmyLeggett
Quote:
I had a 15k AC unit installed on my dp. I bought it at PPL houston and then had them install it. The service was excellent, the work was excellent. They cleaned up after themselves and didn't make a mess of the inside. The cost was 200. Service manager suggested we move it to the bedroom and gave a detailed explanation of the scope of the job, the time it would take and the cost.
JimmyLeggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #27

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAU MAU View Post
And the pathetic Moderators over on RV.NET closed Bears thread once, and are threatening to close it again because he is spreading the truth.

I give the CEO credit for getting involved, but the service manager and the individual that did this butcher job should be terminated immediately.
While I agree many of the mods on RV.net leave a bit to be desired, the reason for closing the thread has been to remove posts that have gone dramatically off topic. Even Bear has said that. Yesterday evening, the thread was still open.
LadyFitz... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:13 AM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I am unimpressed with that forum and the moderators on it. Does CW own them? Interesting. (I was wondering why the CEO of CW responded to that thread, so now it makes sense.)
All part of the Affinity Group (or however they choose to organize and brand themselves currently - it seems to change with some degree of regularity.)

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, camping