Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tileman View Post
I can't believe what I'm looking at. There are do-it yourself people on this forum that would have done a much better job.
I think Stevie Wonder could have done a better job.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Five minutes or less with a $10-30 stud finder could have avoided the problem of cutting the joist. The old cliche about an ounce of prevention, etc. still holds true. Even then, they should have cut a test hole in the roof to make sure nothing was in the way.

Another issue I see here besides CW's incompetence is KRV no being able to produce accurate schematics. Do they not document production changes? CW should have been able to provide KRV with the model and serial number of your rig and received and received an up-to-date as built of your rig.

I also wonder if CW obtained the schematic before or after they FUBARed your roof?
even easier you can see the trim over the edges off the paneling that should have been a clue
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #59

Well, we will be going into Camping World Katy TX tomorrow to discuss with the General Manager how we are going to fix this mess. Wish us luck. I'll keep ya updated. Hopefully this will come to an end soon...
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear25314 View Post
Well, we will be going into Camping World Katy TX tomorrow to discuss with the General Manager how we are going to fix this mess. Wish us luck. I'll keep ya updated. Hopefully this will come to an end soon...
Good luck and best wishes to you for a good outcome! I can't wait to hear what they say to you.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #61

Quote:
Well, we're all anxiously waiting....
Racefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I sometimes wonder if service managers get there by being too incompetent to be a tech.
The places I've seen are FULL of service managers......no techs.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #63
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If a an update to the repair is done I'd ask for pictures of what it looked like before they put the ceiling trim back on covering it all up. I'd be really concerned as to how they rectify cutting the cross member out.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #64
Moderator Emeritus

I drove by the Katy Camping World yesterday and wondered how this drama is playing out.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #65

We had a meeting yesterday at Camping World in Katy yesterday. We met with the General Manager. He showed us pictures of our campers fix. It showed how the hole was framed out and the ducting was taped up but didn't show how the trusses were connected. He offered our camper back and to refund all monies we payed ($1600). We were told by the manufacturer, Keystone, that our roof warranty would not be honored now because of this work so we declined taking our trailer back. We are working with Camping World and hopefully will have an answer to an offer today to rectify this all. Fingers crossed.... We just want to get this done and move on. I still can't believe this all happened but am ready to move on....
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #66

Hello Bear -

I know this whole ordeal has been mentally fatiguing for you, but at this point I would hang in there a little longer until this situation is rectified to your satisfaction.

If Keystone is stating that due to the damage caused by CW that your warranty is now null and void, then you are owed a new trailer. Period.

You were smart in not accepting your trailer back and look forward to CW stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #67
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAU MAU View Post
Hello Bear -

I know this whole ordeal has been mentally fatiguing for you, but at this point I would hang in there a little longer until this situation is rectified to your satisfaction.

If Keystone is stating that due to the damage caused by CW that your warranty is now null and void, then you are owed a new trailer. Period.

You were smart in not accepting your trailer back and look forward to CW stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing.

I also agree.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #68

Most attorneys offer one free consultation! It might very well be worth talking to one.
Racefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #69

Sorry to be late, I got here as quick as i could. :-)
I had CW (Mission, TX) install a new fridge in my 1st motorhome and will NEVER allow them to work on my stuff again. The original model fridge was no longer made but a slightly larger Norcold was available. After carefully inspecting and measuring I determined that the new fridge would fit nicely with some careful trimming with a jigsaw. I felt confident that this procedure would work as I had grown up working with my Dad in his cabinet shop and feel that I am more knowledgeable about this stuff than the average bear. I met with the tech(?) who was going to do the install and showed and told him what I wanted. He told me he understood and agreed that my method was the best solution (including trimming with a jigsaw) and that the finished installation would look like it was done at the factory. When I returned I was very disappointed. Instead of doing what we had agreed on, he had torn up the cabinetry and cobbled together a very crappy looking installation. The pieces he tore out were ruined so there was no going back. You just can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. I asked him why he hadn't trimmed with a jigsaw as we had previously agreed. My jaw must have dropped when he answered that it was because he didn't have one!!! I told him (among other things) that had he TOLD ME THAT, I would have provided one rather than have my stuff torn up. Needless to say there was no one else at CW who gave a damn either. The attitude was like "What did you expect?"
Buyer beware!

Raceguy
raceguy549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #70
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
We had a meeting yesterday at Camping World in Katy yesterday. We met with the General Manager. He showed us pictures of our campers fix. It showed how the hole was framed out and the ducting was taped up but didn't show how the trusses were connected. He offered our camper back and to refund all monies we payed ($1600). We were told by the manufacturer, Keystone, that our roof warranty would not be honored now because of this work so we declined taking our trailer back. We are working with Camping World and hopefully will have an answer to an offer today to rectify this all. Fingers crossed.... We just want to get this done and move on. I still can't believe this all happened but am ready to move on....
I believe you did the right thing by refusing to accept the trailer. Not knowing how the trusses are connected PLUS now having NO WARRANTY on that roof would kill that deal for me. Here's hoping they will do the right thing and either pay you for your TT or provide you a brand new one.

Tags
install, camping