Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2017, 02:58 PM   #1

Short Queen Real Cotton RV Bed Sheets?

I've been looking for some 100% cotton short queen RV sheets. It seems to me that they are all "Egyptian cotton" nowadays. I want REAL cotton, as I've found that the "Egyptian cotton" pills and is usually of poor quality. Any help would be SO appreciated! Where did you find yours?
DesertLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just tuck the extra underneath the mattress on a regular sheet.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

It's not the fact that the cotton was grown in Egypt that lets it pill or otherwise have quality defects. It's mostly just plain shoddy processing of the fiber into thread and then into sheets. There is plenty of excellent Egyptian Cotton products, and more that are maybe not so great. The best Egyptian Cotton is in fact a high quality variety of plant, but any variety of cotton plant grown in Egypt can be labeled "Egyptian cotton" and it can be made in quality products are crappy ones.

You didn't mention where you've been getting the shoddy sheets, but some sources include:
https://www.amazon.com/Mattress-SHOR.../dp/B00NKKVZ10
https://www.target.com/s/short queen sheets
RV Bedding | RV Sheets | Camping World
https://lifestylemarketplace.com/pro...unt-sheet-sets
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta48 View Post
Just tuck the extra underneath the mattress on a regular sheet.
I already did this, but they come untucked when we sleep on them.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
It's not the fact that the cotton was grown in Egypt that lets it pill or otherwise have quality defects. It's mostly just plain shoddy processing of the fiber into thread and then into sheets. There is plenty of excellent Egyptian Cotton products, and more that are maybe not so great. The best Egyptian Cotton is in fact a high quality variety of plant, but any variety of cotton plant grown in Egypt can be labeled "Egyptian cotton" and it can be made in quality products are crappy ones.

You didn't mention where you've been getting the shoddy sheets, but some sources include:
https://www.amazon.com/Mattress-SHOR.../dp/B00NKKVZ10
https://www.target.com/s/short queen sheets
RV Bedding | RV Sheets | Camping World
https://lifestylemarketplace.com/pro...unt-sheet-sets
Have you purchased any of the above sheets, that you can attest to are high quality? This is my problem, ordering online you never know what you'll get.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a King bed in our MH but this should work on a short queen also. The RV King is 4" narrower then a reg. King.

To make regular king-size sheets fit an RV king this is what we have done. Buy 2 sets of elastic suspenders with alligator clips on the ends. Separate the suspenders so you have 4 individual ones.

We stretch and attach the suspenders to the sheets in a Tic-Tac-Tow pattern under the mattress. Not perfect but it pulls the sheets tight and keep them from coming off.

We have Winnebagos version of the sleep number bed.
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593, WIT 170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #7

i don't know what the problem is. i love the microfiber sheets. its like sleeping on Naugahyde. you might have thought that all those little naga's were extinct. but because the RV industry is so concerned with our comfort they have a secret ranch where they rise them...if you are still looking i can recommend this product, but you have to make some adjustments.

Sheets - Bedding

i use the mattress pad, sheets and blanket

patrick
pjciii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:01 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Have you purchased any of the above sheets, that you can attest to are high quality?
No. I would suggest using only sources that have reasonable return policies, i.e. "if not satisfied in any way". The return may not be free, but at least you wouldn't be saddled with a product you didn't like.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
we have the 800 thread count Egyptian queen size sheets and a separate five inch mattress topper from costco. We secure the fitted sheet with regular suspenders (two across and two top to bottom) Keeps the fitted sheet in place and the top sheet just gets tucked under....we have a bed spread on top and a skirt that is folded midway on the lift up part of the bed. Works for us!
Old 10-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Do you sew? I hated the two sets of short queen sheets I bought. I ended up buying some wonderful high quality cotton sheets and shortened them. I cut the fitted sheet about 18 inches from one end, took out 3 1/2 inches then closed the fabric with a 1/4 inch seam, resulting in a 4 inch shorter sheet. The top sheet I just cut off and finished with a double fold hem. They are absolutely wonderful and fit the bed perfectly.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #11

Nope, I don't sew. Never liked it. What I did recently was to purchase the suspender dohickies, I'm going to try it with a normal queen sheet. If I find that it's too small to tuck well and suspend, I'll buy king flat sheets and go from there. When I looked up the comments on the fitted short queen sheets on Amazon, it seemed a lot of people either didn't like the quality of the sheets, or they were ill fitting.

Every time I come across a sheet seller at the swap meets, I ask them if they have queen short sheets. None of them do, even in a huge RV market here in Arizona. Hmmm....someone would have a great opportunity if they sold them, huh?
Old 11-04-2017, 10:07 PM   #12

I got tired of poor quality sheets. After biting the bullet and dropping $100.00 on an extra long flannel sheet set so that I can tuck it way under so that they wont pull out, from LL Bean, I wish that I would have done it sooner. I tend to watch the pennies so I never shopped from LL Bean. Considering that I spend 1/3 of my life in bed, it has been money well spent. After washing and folding the old RV sheets and the new LL Bean sheets, side by side, the folded LL Bean stack was more than 2X higher than the $45.00 dollar sheet set that I was using. After many washes, so far, no pilling and they are so cozy!!