Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2020, 09:33 AM   #15

I say enjoy yourself. Thats why you have a RV.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2020, 09:51 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Was hoping for pictures not opinions.

Thanks anyways
Old 06-15-2020, 09:53 AM   #17

Here we go. 20 pages of lights vs no lights. Some people like lights, some don't. The OP was asking people who like lights. I don't think they wanted a lecture, but I could be wrong. The light haters better not have a diesel rv, a dog or cat, an outside tv, ever have a campfire, run a generator, or one of the other 50 issues people have. Cant we all just get along kids. If you don't like it, move to another campground. Why bother to go to campgrounds at all, if other people bother you so much.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Way to welcome the new guy.

[mod edit]
Old 06-15-2020, 10:05 AM   #19

Jayco Owners Club
If you like lights, Walmart parking lots are your ideal location!
Old 06-15-2020, 10:14 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
Here we go. 20 pages of lights vs no lights. Some people like lights, some don't. The OP was asking people who like lights. I don't think they wanted a lecture, but I could be wrong. The light haters better not have a diesel rv, a dog or cat, an outside tv, ever have a campfire, run a generator, or one of the other 50 issues people have. Cant we all just get along kids. If you don't like it, move to another campground. Why bother to go to campgrounds at all, if other people bother you so much.
So your position and opinion is if we don't like YOUR decorations WE should move on, not you consider the position of others. So if I don't like the 20+ drunken neighbors who just moved into the adjacent site in a 22' tag-a-long, I should pack up and leave.

When he/she asked for ideas, I gave my opinion of the picture he/she posted. If he/she doesn't like my opinion, he/she is free to ignore it. But be ready for consequences when he/she gets called out for anti-social behavior and creating an unpleasant environment for everyone else, just because HE/SHE wants to do.

Just a casual thought. Rather than work on "bling", make the coach a safe and reliable RV so he/she can go down the road and not be a hazard to themselves or anyone else.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:33 AM   #21

Imma gonna do this to bling-up my motorhome:

Old 06-15-2020, 10:44 AM   #22

Old 06-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post
So your position and opinion is if we don't like YOUR decorations WE should move on, not you consider the position of others. So if I don't like the 20+ drunken neighbors who just moved into the adjacent site in a 22' tag-a-long, I should pack up and leave.

When he/she asked for ideas, I gave my opinion of the picture he/she posted. If he/she doesn't like my opinion, he/she is free to ignore it. But be ready for consequences when he/she gets called out for anti-social behavior and creating an unpleasant environment for everyone else, just because HE/SHE wants to do.

Just a casual thought. Rather than work on "bling", make the coach a safe and reliable RV so he/she can go down the road and not be a hazard to themselves or anyone else.

I didn’t ask if you liked lights
I didn’t ask if you liked my lights
I asked for photos
[mod edit]
Old 06-15-2020, 10:55 AM   #24

The Lights vs. No Lights is a historic negative thread starter. Discussed numerous times with no resolution or change of attitudes.

Personally, I like lights as they can be turned On or Off according to need or environment or time. Underbody lights come in hand when packing / unpacking and inspecting underbody. They don't need to be on all night long.

But I really don't care what other people do with their lights. I do care about the negative attitudes expressed. More important things to get pissed about.

Marksnet, don't fall into the trap of negativity. Keep positive. Ignore the haters.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:58 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksnet View Post
So things like this hurt your feelings?

Attachment 289671

Attachment 289672
I want to add some under coach lighting like this one so I wont run into the slides at night.

I'll probably do a blue or blue-ish white.

Probably just get RGB with dimmer controller.

Not sure if I should just get ip67 strips or if I should get underbody tube type for more durability.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:03 AM   #26

Here's a pic, not mine but what I'd like to do.

Looks great!

Old 06-15-2020, 11:50 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker View Post

My guess is that if the campground policy allows lights, then it is on all of us to make our own decisions.

Are there campgrounds with lighting restrictions?

Back to OP's request. I would show you the lights I like but my motorhome is still under reconstruction.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:24 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
I personally like the lights. I cant believe this thread. This is the first time Ive seen anyone get this nasty on this forum. And its about lights. For god sake. There are alot bigger fish to fry out there. I say light that rig up, and enjoy it. Its yours and you do what you want.
Closed Thread