Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeane View Post
Lets see here in FL some where around 90 deg.,bugs with big teeth, sand, shower stall with all the above. I'll take the rv every time.

There aren't any bugs in Florida. A few insects here and there .
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #44

I always use the rv shower. That said we camped at Rolf Hoyer campground Labor day. They had just opened their new showers and bath rooms I was really impressed. Each shower room was about 12 X 12 with toilet and seprate shower stall plenty of places to hang cloths. The host were really proud of them and cleaned them about 4 or more times a day. I would have had no problem useing them. They were great for families, plent of room for kids and adults with plenty of priviacy. These are summer only campgrounds so no cold walks in the winter.
bluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #45

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One of the advantages of the bath and a half model I have is that there are 3 waste tanks.. 1 Black, (Serves both toiliets, nothing else) 1 Gray (Serves kitchen and half bath sink) one "Wash" (Serves main bath lav's and showers) There is also plumbing for a washing machine. I think this one is plumbed to the gray based on it's physical location but since I don't have a washer.. It is capped.

The wash tank I hook to the sewer adapter with garden hose, it's left open full time. The hose forms a "Trap" for sewer gas Works well.

Advantage wash tank... There are places where dumping any waste water on the ground is discouraged

There are places where you can dump gray or wash

AND THERE ARE PLACES WHERE YOU CAN DUMP WASH only on the ground.

What is the difference between Wash and Gray... Food particles from the kitchen sink.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #46

We bought our RV after tent camping for years because of the toilet and the shower. On our first and only trip my oldest teenage son used the shower and it leaked so bad water was dripping out the back of the RV. We have since winterized it with no plans to use the water system until maybe March or April. But I need to do some trouble shooting to figure out if the leak is in the supply, drain or insert. It's near impossible to get to the plumbing but that's what i have to do before we can use it again. So the "leak" concern of the OP became my reality on the first use...
Old 11-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I love my new MH shower as it's 42 inches long.. no more having to step out in the hall to pick up the soap if it fall on the shower floor

I do use CG showers sometimes ... I have flipflops and my feet never touch the floor,( still can balance on one foot ) and made sil nylon bags up so none of my clothes or towels touch the walls. Some of those showers in the campgrounds are fodder for a steven king novel O_O

If I am doing my off the grid boondocking I use baby wipes and shower only if needed. I can stay out several weeks without worry with the size of my tanks .. The last three motorhomes I made the tank size my biggest concern for a MUST have. Especially the black. When in woods mode I will fill the black tank before the gray.
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #48

National RV Owners Club
We also use only our RV shower. Based on the number of people I see walking in a campground with towels and small bags I'm surprised there are not more responses saying they use the campground shower facilities. In my RV I get out of the shower and walk to the bedroom naked - I bet the campground would not be happy with me walking from their shower to my bedroom naked not that I would do that.
Safe Travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #49

Why do you think they put them in the RV for? Looks or to take up space. We use ours and when its hot and the kids are muddy from playing in the streams or at the beach we hose them off and then put them in the shower. Nice and easy.
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
My wife and I always use the MH shower. We can go 7+ days before filling water or dumping. At some rest areas and all Flying J you can fill and dump for free. The 2 dogs only get a bath when we stay at a camp ground.

I manufacture silicone rubber, so everything in and out of my RV is sealed. You should have no leaks if you caulk with a 100% silicone rubber product. They all possess elongation. They can expand or contract about 50%. Flexing should not break the bond. "Siliconized" or "Latex" products don't do a very good job.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #51

Smile CG bathrooms/shower houses

We ALWAYS use our own bathroom. NEVER use campground facilities - not even when we don't have sewer hook up (which is rare). I'm not a germaphobic BUT I'd rather be around my own germs than other peoples.
CathyJ1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #52

One of the reasons I have a motorhome is so I have my own bathroom, the second reason is I have my own bed. I like it like that and use them both.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tileman View Post
...all Flying J you can fill and dump for free...
Not anymore! FlyingJ Dump is now $10 w/o FlyJ card $5 w/ FlyJ card. They even have electronic keypad locks on them at most locations!
ottffss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:49 AM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ottffss, thanks for the Flying J info. They just lost my business.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:56 AM   #55

Heartland RV Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsirby View Post
We use the MH shower. That's what I love about having an RV. I am not a fan of using facilities strangers use. Even when we stop at a rest area, I use our own bathroom.
I know who slept in my bed last night and who used my bathroom .

Wayne
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:11 AM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I know who slept in my bed last night and who used my bathroom
Agree!
This was one of the main reasons I bought the MH
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen