Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2020, 01:30 PM   #1

Skirts for your RV

Not just for the ladies.
https://www.airskirts.com/
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2020, 02:24 PM   #2

I wonder how many years it would take to break even on cost
or go flat first!
Old 11-13-2020, 04:04 PM   #3

yowsa.
hay bails offer better insulation. If you don't like the look, get some 4x8 sheets of filon from HDepot and trim them out.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:17 PM   #4

Old 11-13-2020, 05:58 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
yowsa.
hay bails offer better insulation. If you don't like the look, get some 4x8 sheets of filon from HDepot and trim them out.
Hay bails can create a great home for little mouse critters for the winter. Plsu they are a fire hazard.

Ken
Old 11-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Hay bails can create a great home for little mouse critters for the winter. Plsu they are a fire hazard.

Ken
A Men to that. Chipmunks and squirrels love them too.
I used to work part time for my brother who owned a mobile home sales lot. I repaired more than one mobile home where critters had torn sub flooring and wires up. The hay bales attracted them. The bales attract mold also, rot down and stink.
As far as the skirts in my original post go I think they are just plain ugly. I wouldn't use them if you gave them to me. They'd be a lot of work for a weekender like me. I'll pass.
Lynn
Old 11-14-2020, 04:50 PM   #7

Ok, how about FRP glued to 2" foam board tucked under the opening. An L brace every few ft.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #8

How are you supposed to use your stabilization jacks with those? I have 8.
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:56 AM   #9
IC2

I can think of better ways to spend $2700($3000?) plus tax and shipping for our 38 footer. If halfway handy, could do a better job with a some sheets of foam insulation, a few 1x3 furring pieces and some plastic roofing. Neither their way or mine is very nice looking with propane being relatively cheap as well as electricity being reasonable in many areas.
Old 11-15-2020, 07:53 AM   #10

I have only skirted once before I retired and go warm when cold, and cooler when hot. That being said. My winter neighbors, about 9, did the 1/2 inch insulation sheets. I working for the electric company and being a smart lineman. Not being on level front to back ground, measured and took pole pieces out of the pole dumpster/s and lined all around my camper, just above the bottom. THEY, thought I was nuts. Then used the heavyest plastic I could find, and used 4 inch electric tape to tape plastic to camper, and then used stapler to connect plastic to pole pieces. ( I did toss mothballs under camper first ) Spring came, plastic went in dumpster, pole pieces went back in pole dumpster. Electric tape left no marks on alm siding and took off no paint. They, had that half inch stuff blowing all over the place in wind storms. Talking cold weather camping, with a guy in AZ, that was from Alaska, and did construction. We came to the cheep and dirty,,,, way to skirt. Good stainless snaps put into camper side/s. Make skirting out of concrete blankest, they are cheep and insulated and made to be outside. One side is orange, other black, to add heat to said concrete. Cut and sew all edges, ( it will sew easy ). Make a little longer. Install other part of snaps into blanket. Two options for bottom, one would be if on a concrete slab, would be to put plastic pipe in bottom and fill with water, and block to hold in place. Other is to put in eyelets at different hights, to drive in spikes to hold it down. If one don't want side snaps, go under, more work but more stealth for resale. Or, use 4 inch 3m electric tape each time. Make velcrow flaps to get to dump valves. And or places to toss extra moth balls, as needed. Total cost, cheep, dumb looks, lots. Fit and style of black in winter, is priceless. .
Traveler4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:07 AM   #11

I do not even see a valid purpose for this. And then you have to go through the work to inflate, deflate and then find a place to carry all this stuff.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
I do not even see a valid purpose for this. And then you have to go through the work to inflate, deflate and then find a place to carry all this stuff.
The bags come with an air pump. Trust me, I'm not promoting these. I saw them somewhere and put this on here for a few comments and chuckles.
My MH goes into dry storage long before I have to be concerned with skirting.
I lived in two different mobile homes between 1964 and 1974. When I built my house 1974 / 1975 I said never again would I live in a "tin box". Weekends are fine though. LOL
Lynn