Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2020, 09:18 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Sleep Number Bed Alternatives???

Our Class A came with a queen sized Sleep Number bed. The pump works but the numbers in the controls are blank. Impossible to tell what setting you are at. Our controls are hard wired to the pump.

Has anyone seen a place one can purchase new controls?

Or, if you have replaced the Sleep # mattress what did you replace it with. I am totally UN-impressed with the Sleep # bed. Wake up with my back killing me.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2020, 07:12 AM   #2

Sorry but we're Sleep Number fans.

I might suggest getting a hold of SN and seeing if they have a remedy for your particular situation.

It took us a few nights of making adjustments to find the best setting for each of us and we now get better sleep than we use to.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:04 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I would call Sleep Number customer service. I suspect you will have to buy a new pump with controls.

Your mattress probably had a 20-year pro-rated warranty that might help you some with the cost.

I bought a 3" 100% latex topper from Sleep on Latex that improved our Sleep Number mattress beyond belief!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
We have Sleep Number mattresses also and really like them. Finding the correct number is key. Initially I had back pain until I realized the super soft low number I was using was the issue. I bumped my number up significantly and now I sleep great with no back problem.
Also, they are great at supporting their product. In my case they sent me a replacement pump for a 6 year old unit at no charge. My original would not hold the setting over some time. Give them a call.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:07 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Registry
I started my RV full timing life with a select comfort bed that was the predecessor of the sleep number beds. I bought it in the early 90s. My pump quit after about 8 years. They sent me another one at no charge.

My biggest challenge with the sleep number was the pump needing 110 AC power. I boondock almost exclusively so it meant I had to start the generator to adjust the bed every night if we had changed elevations at all. I finally got fed up with it and replaced it with a cheap firm foam mattress and a 3” memory foam mattress topper from Costco. The topper is what makes the bed comfortable. I also learned that putting the fitted sheet only on the topper made it more comfortable than stretching the sheet over the topper and mattress.
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timer May 2011 - July 2021
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 10:37 PM   #6

The early units had that fading problem, I had it on our 2006 Itasca when i bought it. Just call the company, tell them what you have and you can get a complete pump and hose setup with new controllers for around $100-125. I was confused and spent for two controllers and you only need one, it will do both sides from one unit (they're wireless too).
jerrybb is offline   Reply With Quote