Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #1
ETC

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Slide out switches backwards

i have a 2014 anthem slide out switch issue ods switch works the drivers side and ds switch works the pass side how can these be swapped back both front and rear slides have the same problem
ETC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2019, 08:18 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum!!

If you click on the red triangle under your name, you can ask the mods to move your question to the http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ Entegra Owners Forum where there is a big bunch of people who will be glad to help you find your answer.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:30 PM   #3

I see its your first post so....welcome, there is a great group of people here that can help with all of your future questions!!!!

DS---- Door Side (of coach) not drivers side

ODS-- Opposite of Door side

I think the word "opposite" is wrong ..... but you get the idea

I learned that on this site in another thread several months back... the more you read on here the more you will learn.

Good luck!
AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #4

Assuming that they are named on the switch, why bother? Could be that the good folks at the factory want you on the other side of the bus when the slide deploys or retracts?

Our coach has two slides, and the operating switch is on the opposite wall, too.
It has never occurred to me because operating it from the opposite wall allows a better visual in case something or the dog are in the way.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:28 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
A photo of them would be nice so we know what you're talking about.

If they're the large rocker type switches, with the words written on the cover, the rocker covers are removable, just swap them.

If they're the small solid rocker type switches and the words are written under them, just pop them out and change positions.

If they're small rocker type with the words written on the switch, remove both switches, unplug the connector on the back and swap switches. They're the same switch, just have the wrong plug connected.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
A photo of them would be nice so we know what you're talking about.

If they're the large rocker type switches, with the words written on the cover, the rocker covers are removable, just swap them.

If they're the small solid rocker type switches and the words are written under them, just pop them out and change positions.

If they're small rocker type with the words written on the switch, remove both switches, unplug the connector on the back and swap switches. They're the same switch, just have the wrong plug connected.
Regardless of what name is on them, the location of the operating switches would still be on the opposite wall, and I think the OP's question pertains to getting them on the moving wall side.

Since it's a wiring thing, the fix is awfully difficult to achieve without a ton of work.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:51 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ RV'r View Post
I see its your first post so....welcome, there is a great group of people here that can help with all of your future questions!!!!

I think the word "opposite" is wrong ..... but you get the idea

I learned that on this site in another thread several months back... the more you read on here the more you will learn.

Good luck!
Thats a new one on me. DS means drivers side and PS means passenger side, at least thats what my Spyder panel tells me. Does DW mean door wife? I'm confused.
RTC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ RV'r View Post

That's just ????????? Wrong

Why have a complicated "ODS"? Is that a left coast thing?

DS = Drivers Side
PS = Passenger side

Too simple?
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:30 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
On my rig it's Curb Side and Road Side.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #10

Port and Starboard? Left and Right?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Others have covered it! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:35 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Regardless of what name is on them, the location of the operating switches would still be on the opposite wall, and I think the OP's question pertains to getting them on the moving wall side.

Since it's a wiring thing, the fix is awfully difficult to achieve without a ton of work.
That's not how I read it or how mine works. Both the slide switches on my coach are next to each other. There was nothing said about where the switches were, just that they were reversed.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
That's not how I read it or how mine works. Both the slide switches on my coach are next to each other. There was nothing said about where the switches were, just that they were reversed.
My understanding is that "being reversed" means that the driver's side slide is activated by a switch that's on the passenger side wall, and vice versa.

Switch placement is up to the coach builder, since your coach has both switches next to each other, and mine is the same as the OP's.

Does anybody have their slide switch on the same wall as the slide?

In any event, changing out the wiring would be prohibitively expensive, and more to the point, the way my switches work is the same as the OP's so his coach isn't necessarily wired incorrectly, IMO.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Some Fleetwood coaches labeled the switches Curbside and Roadside. Folks were unable to open their slides on campsites with the road out front and no curb at the side.

Excerpt from a Fleetwood diesel coach owner manual (note the reference to ODS):

Curbside - This refers to the side of the motorhome that faces the curb when it is parked. Often called the door side or the passenger side.

Roadside - The side of the motorhome that faces the road while parked. Often called the off-door side or the driver side
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out, switch