Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2020, 01:06 PM   #1

Slightly Different Mattress Issue

After two years of barely acceptable comfort, we decided we had to replace or improve the original mattress in our TT. Before our four month trip last year we added a 2" foam topper which was an improvement, but not much of one.

Our TT has a Murphy Bed (which we love). Some toppers were quite heavy, and I was afraid that when the bed was up (vertical) the pad would slide down, especially as we drove for hours. So I found a lightweight one. BTW, it would slide down a little occasionally, but it wasn't a problem.

At the time I also shopped for a new mattress. Again, some were very heavy, and I didn't find a lightweight option that seemed good. One seemed okay, but when I spoke to the maker they said they did not recommend any of their mattresses for use on a murphy bed.

Has anyone had any experience with mattress replacement for a murphy bed? Or with a good topper? It's a short queen, which limits choices somewhat. We're leaving on another four month trip soon, so I've got to do something about this.

Conventional or foam okay, but price is an issue - just can't go over $500, less is even better. I know that's not much, but I was surprised at how many inexpensive well-reviewed mattresses I found. Height isn't really an issue, there's about 11" available, but weight is. I want to add as little as possible.

Thanks!
RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2020, 03:54 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Not sure if this will help you but I can say we are very happy with ours. We do have a King but what I'll list below is for a Queen. Also we did trim ours to fit a bit better within the King Night Stands, very easy to do, just incase you need to trim for some reason. Weight of this Queen shows 66 lbs.

https://novaformcomfort.com/products...mattress-queen

10” SoFresh™ Responsive Foam Mattress - Queen
MEDIUM

(0)
WRITE A REVIEW
$499.99
Online Only
Shipping & Handling Included*
Nothing beats nice, clean sheets. Except a nice, clean mattress. Our NovaformŽ 10” SoFresh™ Responsive Foam Mattress is infused with copper, a natural freshening agent, and features an anti-microbial, machine washable cover. The triple layer design relieves pressure points, and offers all-night comfort. Its durable construction will last for years, and the cover will keep it fresh just as long.

One last thing, it shows if bought on Google the price is $449.99 plus tax.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:58 AM   #3

We ordered the double coil mattress from these guys and have been very happy with it.

https://lovemymattress.com/collections/rv-mattresses

Tags
light, mattress