Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2017, 02:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
Common sense is not common. Just got back from traveling out west. Seen a few pickups with 5vers traveling over 80 mph. No kidding. I was cruising along at 65 and they just flew by me. It's a scary thing to watch a blowout on a trailer going that fast.
The problem today is not enough police on the road to remind people their DL is a privilege not a right, to many people think they have a right to be behind the wheel! What gets me is so many Municipalitys are crying poverty if they would start writing tickets and locking people up for being stupid (like they used to 40 years ago) they would have tons of cash! I remember you got pulled over for your girlfriend having her arm around you while driving! Now we have all these morons with cellphones chatting on FB while driving I think that should be the same as a DUIF (Driving Under the Infulance of Facebook)
renhcir is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2017, 10:38 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
Common sense is not common. Just got back from traveling out west. Seen a few pickups with 5vers traveling over 80 mph. No kidding. I was cruising along at 65 and they just flew by me. It's a scary thing to watch a blowout on a trailer going that fast.
Most of the times I get passed like that it's a 40+ ft toy hauler behind a SRW truck.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:54 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Interesting how everyone seems to think that “tow rating” means “how much horsepower/torque does it take to pull x lbs.? That is only half of the equation, the most important considerations are....1. Can I control it rolling down the highway and 2. Can I stop it safely!
Mdh1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #32

Forest River Owners Club
You're not supposed to be going that fast in the pp's. Most of the ones we've been in are potholey with narrow roads. But I do love our pp's. Algonquin always to end the season.
LittleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote