Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2021, 09:30 AM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
I should start a Camping Karens group and charge membership fees.

Apparently there's a demand for one.

We could get together and share and act upon our outrage.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2021, 09:33 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishar View Post

Gotta include the Kens.. otherwise it isnt inclusive enough and they will be outraged you offended their dignity...
Old 08-26-2021, 09:34 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishar View Post

Amen brother!

Funniest comment I’ve seen on this forum in a while!

Big thumbs up![emoji106]
Old 08-26-2021, 09:36 AM   #60

wah wah wah. when we are in a campground, we tolerate barking dogs, offensively loud music, people that talk loudly, diesel engines idling, car alarms, etc. in a campground, we tolerate other people. with that in mind, i'm paying for my campsite. you're paying for yours. i won't come to your campsite and ask you to play led zeppelin instead of garth brooks, so leave me alone too. we enjoy the outdoor smells and sounds and when we don't care for the distractions of others, we'll leave. perhaps you should do the same.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:39 AM   #61

Man come on up north, your neighbour is likely to have a fish or meat smoker going lol.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:44 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbrownstein View Post
Actually this has been happening for a long time now. people smoking and huddling out in the weather, airports that refuse to allow smoking anywhere, even though they claim that their security is overtaxed. All of a sudden tons of people are allergic to tobacco smoke.

Bottom line is that there is only one form of politically acceptable prejudice in this country...prejudice against smokers. As others have already said, its legal so mind your own business.
"All of a sudden tons of people are allergic to tobacco smoke."

Come on now. Using this rationale, all of a sudden at some point in time people became allergic to lead, asbestos, mercury, PCB's, and a whole list of things that we learned are bad news.

I remember back in the day smoking on airplanes. I remember how tough it was when they banned smoking. I quit and am glad I did. I have not since really had an issue with those who still smoke, and I don't give them the ol stink eye. But I am glad of the restrictions. By the way, a benefit to quitting that I didn't foresee is I no longer had to constantly worry about where or when I can have my next cigarette fix.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:47 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
So basically what you are saying there is that everyone should alter/modify their behavior to please YOU......Ain't happening in for me!
I'm not saying that at all. I'm just asking cigar smokers, knowing that the vast majority of people can't stand the smell of pungent cigar smoke, to be respectful of others when they smoke. Just don't do it within close proximity to other campers.

If you claim to have the right to sit in a close-proximity RV campground and smoke your cigar, what you are saying is that everyone must bend to your will, and suffer the consequences.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:49 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy View Post
Man come on up north, your neighbour is likely to have a fish or meat smoker going lol.
But those are very pleasant smells!
Old 08-26-2021, 09:52 AM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy View Post
I agree with Tombsy's comment ! If smoke from a tiny cigarette is bothersome, then don't come near me as I grill some nice rib eye steaks or 20% fat beef hamburgers on my Old Smokey charcoal grill. The smoldering drops of melted fat produces a good bit of smoke that smells great and makes the meat taste fantastic.

Any while I'm grilling I'm drinking a nice glass of wine or cold beer, watching baseball or football on my outdoor TV and if at dusk/early evening, I have outside lights on to see the grill. I'm sure someone will complain about one of more of these things as society has turned into one, big, constant bitching session.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:57 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagnaml View Post
I agree with Tombsy's comment ! If smoke from a tiny cigarette is bothersome, then don't come near me as I grill some nice rib eye steaks or 20% fat beef hamburgers on my Old Smokey charcoal grill. The smoldering drops of melted fat produces a good bit of smoke that smells great and makes the meat taste fantastic.

Any while I'm grilling I'm drinking a nice glass of wine or cold beer, watching baseball or football on my outdoor TV and if at dusk/early evening, I have outside lights on to see the grill. I'm sure someone will complain about one of more of these things as society has turned into one, big, constant bitching session.
C'mon now, you can't compare the wonderful smells of a meat smoker, chicken or steaks cooking on a barbecue grill, or even a campfire to cigar or cigarette smoke.

That's like comparing drinking a fine wine to drinking straight vinegar.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:58 AM   #67

To you cigar smoke is nasty

To me smoldering campfire is nasty

But each one is LEGAL and therefore OUR problem to deal with NOT the ones involved in a LEGAL activity on THEIR campsite

WE have to mitigate the intrusion .....go inside/close our windows/use air fresheners/Leave

SIMPLE>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 08-26-2021, 10:34 AM   #68
US1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
C'mon now, you can't compare the wonderful smells of a meat smoker, chicken or steaks cooking on a barbecue grill, or even a campfire to cigar or cigarette smoke.

That's like comparing drinking a fine wine to drinking straight vinegar.
Tell that to a vegan
Old 08-26-2021, 10:52 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1 View Post
Tell that to a vegan
I've read vegan blogs about this subject. Actually most of them say they don't mind the smell of grilling meats, and it actually smells good. After all, you're smelling spices, barbecue sauce, wood and the chemical process more than smelling the meat. Many vegan foods also try to replicate the taste and smell of barbecued meats and burgers.
Old 08-26-2021, 02:12 PM   #70

Smoking at the Campground - Etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by move on View Post
I have smoked hundreds of cigars in hundreds of campgrounds and I never received one complaint. However, I have had numerous people come up to me saying that they just love the smell of my cigar.

That is because you are most likely smoking a fine cigar. I’m guessing those complaining have been exposed to “Swisher Sweets” or some other such garbage.

There is nothing so tranquil as sitting by the fire, sipping whiskey, and enjoying a fine Arturo Fuente Hemingway.
Closed Thread

Tags
campground