Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2015, 03:39 PM   #43

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt_1111 View Post
If that pisses you off, wait till you get turned away for your RV being over 10 years old. There away other places to go, do what I do and say thank you and move on.
It's never happend to us but our Dutch Star was just turning 13 too and still looked almost as good as new except for the new oversize front tires!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #44

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezrtracr View Post
I agree that the RV park owner should set rules as they see fit.
I'm just curious as to what would be the motivating factor to implement such type of restrictions?
Because they want to?
Old 04-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjim View Post
We were talking to the people who make the Showhaulers at the Tampa RV show. We mentioned about Outdoor Resort allowing only Class A motorhomes. The salesman said that the Showhaulers and the like are titled as Class A motorhomes, not Class C's. Of course it would not do to argue with Outdoor Resorts, they probably wouldn't bend. But Showhaulers, at the the new ones, are titled as Class A
I have a Class A coach but it doesn't say that anywhere on my title.

I think class A is an arbitrary classification that is subject to interpretation. I looked it up on Wikipedia, which said "A Class A motorhome resembles a bus in design and has a flat or vertical front end and large windows."
Old 04-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #46

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Let's please not morph this thread into a political discussion. It's about an private RV Park's rules. IRV2 Community Rules allow only the following:

"General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive."

Thanks
Just so we don't get in a jam here, to clarify with the mod here. Not a debate or argument. Just being clear.

Discussion of property rights and the owners right to set the rules is a breach of the forum rules? I totally understand not tying it to any group or party.

Thanks Cliff for keeping everyone on the path.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #47

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I have a Class A coach but it doesn't say that anywhere on my title.

I think class A is an arbitrary classification that is subject to interpretation. I looked it up on Wikipedia, which said "A Class A motorhome resembles a bus in design and has a flat or vertical front end and large windows."
Well you can "Think" it is arbitrary but it's not. The classes have long been established and here is one set of definitions from a manufacturer whom since they have different regs to comply with by class most would agree them to be an authority on the subject.

There is however one not covered there and I suspect because they don't make them and that is Super C which is what the OP is rolling. They are made on chassis normally used for over the road trucks like a Mac or Peterbilt. Other than the fact they have a cab like a normal c class they have nothing else in common. I think the park folks made a mistake in not allowing Super C's but I suspect that was staff going entirely on the specific words in the rules and there was no specs regarding Super C, which are fairly rare compared to others.

Someone else mentioned a motorhome can't be over 45 ft. There are many coaches built on a Prevost (and others) chassis that are 50 ft. I feel pretty confident they are not banned in any state. They may require a special license endorsement to operate, I don't know since I have yet to own one.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-09-2015, 04:02 PM   #48

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
And here are the Type definitions (not Class anymore) that RVIA (who sets the standards for the industry) changed to in 2000: http://www.rvia.org/?ESID=types
Old 04-09-2015, 04:06 PM   #49
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
They're not snobby. Their park, their rules. It's a free country & with a private CG, they're free to decide who/what they let in. By the same means, I'm free to take my business elsewhere if I don't like their rules. OR clearly states on their website they're "Class A motorcoaches". Showhauler may title their RV as Class A, but they're perceived as truck conversions, despite their heavy use of the words motorhome conversion on their website. They're really beautiful RV's & every bit as deserving entry into these motorcoach resorts.

Unfortunately though, because the OP left in the manner they did, I'm sure that didn't help any chance of OR changing their rules.

Lori-
Old 04-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
I have stayed in a couple of resorts with the 10 yo and only class A mine is 13 yo and looks pretty good but I asked why the age restriction and was told that some of the older ones can we say has been neglected. Now we all have seen some rvs that should have gone to the recycle pile. One day they will tell me to hit the road and I will because to me my rig is perfect and up to standards and I will let the high dollar rigs have there place but one day they will have to hit the road too. I have told the resort my rig is over 10 and was asked how does it look and I tell them and they told me when I get there they will look at it and I agreed with them and been let in the gate every time.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 04-09-2015, 04:50 PM   #51
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Anyone who has been RVing for a couple of years should reasonably know when buying a ShowHauler or Dynomax type RV that they may have issues entering a Class "A" only RV park. Often they are more expensive than most of the Class A's in the park, but it's still a rule.

Have you noticed in the last few years that rules only apply to some....society is changing.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I can see the OP view to some extent. I definitely don't agree with the leaving while making as much noise as possible, that was dead wrong.

Unless I missed something (using phone) the rule about class "A" only is in the Information and Guidelines section of their website. The front page says luxury motorcoach resort with no mention of the class "A" rule. I would think a Show Hauler fits the luxury part. The OP mentions they made contact with the resort. On their website it shows 2 ways to make contact, phone or reservation form.

The reservation form doesn't show a section for class of coach, or mention it's a class "A" resort only. It asks for model and length. It also states they will contact you after receiving the form. Am I the only one that thinks the resort should verify that the model is a class "A" before accepting the reservation?
Old 04-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #53
Community Administrator

Here's their guidelines from their website.
http://www.outdoorresortstluciewest....and-guidelines

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 04-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #54
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
That section under Vehicles is clear, at least to me. The OP didn't state they reviewed the website prior nor how they contacted OR. If by form, entering Showhauler in the RV model field would've indicated to OR it didn't fit their guidelines & they should've informed them. If by phone, the reservationist should've disclosed the restriction, although I'll bet, in error, they assumed the reservation was for a Class A.

Lori-
Old 04-09-2015, 06:40 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Parks have the right to set the rules and the OP didn't help by leaving in that manner, nice rig or not.

I stayed in parks when working out of town in the old 27' TT and made friends that owned coaches of all types and dollar amounts.

The separation of class of people is worse than the separation of RV type IMHO.

Good people are good people.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:41 PM   #56
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If they (the park) asked length and were told 45' as listed in his profile there could have been confusion since there just are not that many 45' real Class C's (none) out there to make them take notice.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
Closed Thread