Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A neighbor of mine is trying to talk me into going to Bouse, Arizona to snowbird come Nov. Price seems good but I know little or nothing about Bouse or the RV parks there. Anyone else been there can say yea or nay about Bouse RV Park? Thanks
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #2

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A neighbor of mine is trying to talk me into going to Bouse, Arizona to snowbird come Nov. Price seems good but I know little or nothing about Bouse or the RV parks there. Anyone else been there can say yea or nay about Bouse RV Park? Thanks
Old 04-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Lee,
I have never been to Bouse. Consider reposting this to the Campground Information forum, you should get some responses. On the main forum page, scroll down and you will see the Campground information forum.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #4

Bouse is a very friendly little town. However, we stayed in an RV park there (Coyote Ridge) and it was NOISY! Railroad tracks and major highway traffic (big trucks) right there.

I can't imagine how any of the other RV parks would be much quieter...we stayed a week and got almost no sleep at all.

You can drycamp back in the hills west of Bouse. We enjoyed that except for poor cell signal.
Burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:10 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If you're into boondocking, Bouse is not bad at all. Just outside of town to the west on the Bouse-Quartzsite Rd there's lots of places just off the road you can boondock. Not crowded like the boondock areas near Quartzsite and you're not near any heavy traffic, railroads, etc..
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the info. This neighbor says he has stayed there before in the past some time or another. And I am sure his wife would not put up with a train noise so hopefully the Bouse RV park will not be as bad. He tells me the price is great for Arizona and its away from the crowds but not too far to drive to get to everything. But having never snowbird I wanted to try and cover all my bases. Thank you all.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #7

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I asked about the train noise and he says that when one gets a space in the back one is not bothered by the noise. And we are now going to be staying at the Desert Pueblo RV at Bouse.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #8

A little late... but, there's train noise, then there's train whistle noise.

I live (In an RV park) fairly close to a train track (no more than 3 blocks) that has frequent trains passing both ways. Fortunately, our city has made provisions with the Rail operators for them to not blow the horns when they are coming through. And they adhear to that provision quite well. Only once in a while will I hear a blast. That makes a very big difference.

Yakima, WA
bingoldsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #9

We stay at Desert Gold rv park in Brenda, a few miles south of Bouse. I like our area better than Bouse. We did stop in the town a couple of times..I never heard a train(saw the tracks)when we were there. Old museum at Bouse-Gen patton had a tank training operation. We attended the community days back in Nov, nice small town happening..check out the Brenda area, we are only 3 miles from I-10(no truck noise) and 15 minutes from Quartzsite. We are gold prospectors and rock hounds. Our park has a really nice pool and hot tub, lots of activities(may go to them next year) Produce vendor comes in once a week and the Black Rock cafe across the road is Superb! Sat. nite-prime rib with salad bar and all the trimmings..We are a large park 550 spaces, Black Rock rv village and Brend rv across the road. If you have an atv-take it along..comes in handy. We have been going to the Quartzsite area for the past 3 winters and will be at Desert Gold in Brenda agin this coming winter..
Any questions, email me. Dona

2004 F350/6.0L/turbodiesel/crew-Open Road 359RL3-S5 (2010'Dodge ram 3500 Mega on order)
Dona and Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote