Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #1

Solar question

This question is probably a very good indicator of my lack of technical knowledge but...... I have a jackery 250 and a 100 watt solar panel. I am being gifted a Bluetti 700. Will the jackery solar panel work with the Bluetti?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!
Nina
123nh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2021, 06:30 PM   #2

A single 100 watt panel isn't very much power overall, what are you trying to run and for how long?

To answer your question, yes it's possible. But the other question you need to ask is will it meet your expectations. It you get it hooked up but it can't supply what you need it won't be a lot of good to you.

So what are you trying to operate?
Argosy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:45 PM   #3

I use my jackery now for charging electronics (phone-laptop etc) and my cpac at night. I don't have solar installed so that's basically all i use it for. For the convection over, pressure cooker and coffee pot i use the generator. (less than 30 minutes a day)
123nh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:45 PM   #4

You could use it, might have to change the charging hookup. But the solar panel output will be the limiting factor- you won't get more power out of one than the other, I doubt even on the best of days the panel will totally charge either.
Argosy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:23 PM   #5

Some terminology basics might help you understand what does what.

Watts measures power flow, but time is critical. So a 100 watt hour battery will run 100 watts for 60 minutes, or 1000 watts for 6 minutes.

Your 100W solar panel maxes out at about 8 amps and can fill that battery in about 12 hours under laboratory perfect conditions. 2-3 times that of summer noon sun is more likely. But that makes at least a week for a 700AH battery.

The Bluetti 700 is almost 3 times the size of the 250, so that's a big step forward. The solar panel can add its power, like always, to either. If that's enough for you then you'll have more in reserve. You should also be able to top up either battery with the generator.

I charge all my gear from my trailer batteries, and charge them with my generator and a similar small panel. If either the Jackery or Bluetti are convenient then use whichever is easiest.
RickLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123nh View Post
This question is probably a very good indicator of my lack of technical knowledge but...... I have a jackery 250 and a 100 watt solar panel. I am being gifted a Bluetti 700. Will the jackery solar panel work with the Bluetti?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!
Nina
Yes. https://www.bluettipower.com/pages/user-guides
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar