Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2020, 04:43 PM   #1

Some people... minor rant

I will admit that I am a new full timer so don't know exactly what to expect, but so far some people amaze me...

a few nights ago I pull into a small city park that has spots for free. There are 2 spots open, number one under a tree that has limbs that will surely drag on my roof, the other, spot 2 next to it. The problem is that the people in the 3rd spot decided they wanted to park in front of their 5th wheel with 2 vehicles so literally even with or overhanging into the 2nd spot.

I drive through the park, see that these are the only 2 open so return through the loop, sit for at least 5 minutes in front of 2nd spot ready to back in while they sit on the picnic table looking at me. So I adapt my approach and back my trailer into the spot while the witch stands by her car watching me in case I get too close. In this case I got to within about 8 inches of her rear bumper, swung the trailer in and landed first attempt... they never did move their car the 2 days I was there.

Now, tonight I am in a boondocking spot and some person decides the road coming into the spot is a great place to plant his rig. Yes, in the road, not next to it but in the road. Maybe I should go thank him since no one else will be able to get into this area thanks to him. I can get out because I am just before him in the grand scheme of things

What are people thinking?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2020, 04:47 PM   #2

Unfortunately people think only of themselves these days. It's a damn shame. Glad I won't be around in 30 years to see what the human race will have de-evolved into by then
Suprz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:51 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
That's the problem, they don't think1
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbTN View Post

What are people thinking?
that there is the problem with people now days. I would have asked them to move, so I wouldn't hit there vehicle, but heck who knows they might had got mad. glad you made it with one shot now the person parking on a road I might have an issue with, so sad with people these days
Old 06-20-2020, 04:56 PM   #5

Well, don't you know it's quite obvious? It has NOTHING to do with you! It has EVERYTHING to do with them. Be grateful you even have air to breathe. If it were up to "them" you wouldn't even have that!
Old 06-20-2020, 05:03 PM   #6

sounds like this is more the norm than unusual from the responses, very sad state of affairs
Old 06-20-2020, 05:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSpor View Post
Well, don't you know it's quite obvious? It has NOTHING to do with you! It has EVERYTHING to do with them. Be grateful you even have air to breathe. If it were up to "them" you wouldn't even have that!
I didn't think it was about me, just what used to be referred to a common courtesy, but that seems to have the gone away with common sense!
Old 06-20-2020, 05:17 PM   #8

I think DutchmenSpor had his tongue in his cheek. [emoji6]
Old 06-20-2020, 05:25 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ran into something similar a few years back in a nice rv resort. Cars were blocking my ability to back into my space. Asked the owners nicely to assist by moving their car, they refused stating they didn't have to move them. It was my problem, not theirs.

Contacted security, they came in about 10 minutes and asked them to move. They again refused, so security told me to do the best I could to back my fifth wheel into a tight spot. Said they weren't breaking any park rules.

I finally told the owner of the car that I would do the best I could, I hope you have insurance, I do. But I won't promise I won't damage your nice new car in the process.

They moved the car. Got nasty looks from them for 2 days until they left.

Some peeps have issues. Life is too short!

Have not run into anyone quite that rude since.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenwald48 View Post
I think DutchmenSpor had his tongue in his cheek. [emoji6]
yes, sorry I'm sure it was meant that way, i was just saying it seems there is no "common" anything now except for maybe common indecency

please forgive me DutchmanSpor for quoting but not fully explaining my response
Old 06-20-2020, 05:45 PM   #11

I would have backed in eradicately like I didn't know what I was doing. They would have gotten the message and moved! Sometimes you have to be rude back at them.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:52 PM   #12

People leave their brains and common sense at home. If they had any in the first place.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:02 PM   #13

Since you're a new fulltimer and you plan on boondocking, you ain't seen nothing yet. Picture boondocking on BLM land in Quartzsite a million acres of land and your nearest neighbors is about 200 yards away, and an old couple that you've never seen before in your life pull in literally 25 feet away from your RV and start setting up camp.

Or, I have solar panels and a battery bank, I live on sunshine, I don't even own a generator. And while boondocking a guy pulls up kind of close to me even though there were other places he could have set up, and while I'm inside I start hearing a generator running and I'm thinking "wow that's a really loud generator "I look out the window and the guy has one of these cheapo contractor generators and its so loud he has put a long cord on it, and he set his generator closer to me than it is to him.

You can meet some really strange, selfish, thoughtless, people when you're a fulltimer, but for the most part you're going to meet some really great people, those are the ones that make it all worthwhile.

theboondork.com
theboondork. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:13 PM   #14

Remember back in the late 80s, that screaming little brat in the supermarket cart that the parent was ignoring, that's the grownup we are dealing with now! You can just imagine how it will be when their kids are grown and start camping!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote