Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #1

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself

It is cold this morning - at least cold to me - about 65 degrees. Normally I would not think about working outside until it warms up, but we had a fresh water inlet that needed replacing. I had put it off for about a week so thought I better get it done. No big deal, three screws, one fitting and done. Now to check for leaks.

Turned water on - no visible leaks, so I thought I ought to run water and make sure it stayed that way. The outside shower is right there so it seemed the perfect way. Squatted down to see in the wet bay and spot any leaks, turned the cold water handle on the outside shower, and it came off in my hand. 50 psi water sprayed directly in my face! Dumbfounded, I actually stayed still while being sprayed for a few seconds. So, soaking wet and cold I now have more work to do, and, of course, I do not have parts. Time to dry off, run to Lowe's with the car heater on and buy some stuff to do a temporary fix. A ten minute job turned out to be three hours and I still have to get a new shower outlet and fix it permanently.

At least DW was not here to see this fiasco and, if the dog keeps the secret, she may never find out. Hope you all have a better day than mine.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
There are 2 types of RVers;

Those of us that have done dumb things and......

Those that won't admit it.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #3

Any chance of a video ? would be nice to see someone else doing things like that besides me !
Old 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #4

if we are honest i bet all of us have similar experience my only problem is the dw is usually close by within 2 hours the whole community knows possibly with pics
boweavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Now I am happy to know that I am not the only one that this happens to. I now have to plan twice the time and add at least one more parts run to any project I take on.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
It could have been worse. Your lucky that you weren't working on the black tank. I have been spayed a few times as well, no black sprays yet though.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzick View Post
It is cold this morning - at least cold to me - about 65 degrees. Normally I would not think about working outside until it warms up, but we had a fresh water inlet that needed replacing. .
Only in Florida would someone think that 65 degrees is too cold to work outside. You remind of an evening a few years ago in early December. I was with a group of canoeists when we pulled into a campground in a state park in northern Florida. The temperature was in the upper 30s. The ranger jokingly (I think) asked "What are all you damn Yankees doing down here messing up my park?" I answered "We are paying your salary when the wimps who live here think it is too cold to go camping."
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Only in Florida would someone think that 65 degrees is too cold to work outside
Well, we are not in Florida right now. I grew up where it got cold and spent most of my adult life above the MD line. I finally wised up, though. Now, I am at the point where if I have to wear long sleeved shirts or long pants I get real grumpy.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #9
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Who me!

Never! (Well, never tell.)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I've admitted to a few bobbles here in the forum. My favorite was just last year.

I was dewinterizing the RV, connected the hose to fill the fresh water tank. Went on about my other tasks. 5 or 10 minutes later I see a waterfall coming out of the furnace vent. THought to myself that really doesn't look right.

Turns out that a) the water valve was set to city water not tank fill and b) I had forgot to reconnect the supply lines to the washer.

Fortunately everything worked once it dried out, thought for sure the furnace board would be toast.

Grandpa always told me that "there will be days like those but as long as they don't come in bunches like grapes it will be ok".
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
...and that's where the expression "Grape day in the mornin'" comes from.

True Story.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Learn something new everyday
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Years ago with my trailer I went to drain the black water tank and the hose came off. My feet were under it.
toadog is offline   Reply With Quote