Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2019, 05:45 PM   #15

Oh my gosh - I'd have to set the moho on fire. My phobia.....
kgb6days is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2019, 06:27 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
BIFIN TC also at any feed store will run them off and even when dry it will kill them

we got infested with daddy long legs once in south texas.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:03 PM   #17

Enjoy...

https://youtu.be/u70SfDOe-dk
Old 11-01-2019, 08:16 PM   #18

Vacuum!
Then clean the filter. Sounds like a good time to clean all those nooks & crannies.
Win win situation and no harmful chemicals.
Best wishes
Old 11-01-2019, 08:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb6days View Post
Oh my gosh - I'd have to set the moho on fire. My phobia.....
... “But honey there were spiders!”
Too funny
Old 11-01-2019, 09:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchytoe View Post
Spiders are scary, but there's really nothing to be afraid of. They are actually your friends.

To them, you're a freaking giant. You're bigger to them than an elephant is to us. They are absolutely terrified of you. They aren't going to chase you down to bite you. They aren't even going to bite you in your sleep. The only time they'll bite is if you attack them, accidentally or otherwise. Sticking your hand under something into their web is like an elephant charging at you. You would take defensive actions, and so do they. Their only defense is a bite, even though they don't really want to. They need that venom for killing prey. As far as they are concerned, you attacked, they defended, and you backed off. (Or unfortunately killed them, but either way, it's over.) Moving and rebuilding a web is a huge resource drain for them. They really don't want to. It's like you moving and buying all new stuff for your new home. You would defend your home from an invader, and so do they. You really can't expect less from them.

That being said, I completely understand wanting to get rid of them. Spiders don't groom themselves, so poisons don't work well unless it's so corrosive that it eats through their legs after they walk over it, or you spray it directly on them. They aren't going to ingest a poison readily. That's just not how they eat. Fortunately, they are animals so they do eat. If spiders are alive and well in your RV, you have a bug problem. They are actually helping you fix your bug infestation even though you weren't aware that you had one. If you didn't have an RV full of bugs, they wouldn't have anything to eat and would all starve or move out. Baby spiders growing up means they are eating. I say, let them eat. When the food source runs out, they'll go away on their own. Other than that, a bug bomb can take care of them, but you'll have to deal with getting their dead bodies out.
Spiders do breath, we use aerosol bombs to rid our basement of them once a year.
In 2014 I was bitten on the lower leg by a brown recluse spider, the bite site looked like a large dark brown egg under the skin, then became ulcerated.

Had to visit my Dr. for help with healing. An aquaintances daughter was bitten on the breast by a brown recluse, with tragic results, she is scarred for life. Look up pics of such bites on the internet.

Sometimes living is the country has a drawback.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
BIFIN TC also at any feed store will run them off and even when dry it will kill them

we got infested with daddy long legs once in south texas.
Handle with care: Bifenthrin General Fact Sheet
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:25 AM   #22

Spartan Chassis
A big �� for Tempo!

GAWD I HATE spiders!!!
BigSkyGuy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:17 PM   #23
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl.swoyer View Post
Very welcome. I keep a small spray bottle in the RV so if I have incidental issues I can spray certain areas without getting it all over the place.
It's the only thing that I use. it works for everything
I ordered a 3/4 gallon of this from Amazon! We'll see how it does.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #24

I got bitten by a black widow 3 years ago, on all days Halloween! It burned for days and took forever to heal. You can still see the fang marks!
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:37 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I ordered a 3/4 gallon of this from Amazon! We'll see how it does.
It's a concentrate so 3/4 of a gallon should last for years. I'm sure that you will be bug - less .
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:02 PM   #26

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
I got bitten by a black widow 3 years ago, on all days Halloween! It burned for days and took forever to heal. You can still see the fang marks!
I got bitten by a BW last year on a river rafting trip. Not fun. Did I mention that I HATE spiders?!?
BigSkyGuy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:25 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger View Post
We just returned from spending near Oklahoma City. On the way home noticed that we had many!!!!! hitchikers. Spiders had infested our motorhome. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get rid of them. We have been traveling for 12 years and never had a problem like this. Would appreciate any suggestions besides killing them when you see them. They seem to come out more when the motorhome is moving.
Just curious if you got rid of the spiders?
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote