Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2021, 05:38 PM   #1

Splendid Washer/Dryer combo...avoiding wrinkles

Hi,
We have a one unit Splendid Washer/Dryer combo in our diesel motor home. I have been using it for a few months. My problem is that if i even put 3 or four items in it, they come out at the end of the cycle so wrinkled, i can barely iron them out. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to avoid getting wrinkles in my items. I NEVER overload the unit and the items still come out so wrinkled. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance..
Travelman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2021, 05:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelman1 View Post
Hi,
We have a one unit Splendid Washer/Dryer combo in our diesel motor home. I have been using it for a few months. My problem is that if i even put 3 or four items in it, they come out at the end of the cycle so wrinkled, i can barely iron them out. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how to avoid getting wrinkles in my items. I NEVER overload the unit and the items still come out so wrinkled. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance..
I'm waiting to see what shows up. We have a w/d combo in our DP and have the same problem.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:44 PM   #3

Use a good fabric softener in the dryer cycle, or don't dry them in the unit. Pull them out and air/hang to dry.
Old 04-17-2021, 06:59 PM   #4

Take the Splendide out and go to a laundromat. That's what I did. I don' think a better wrinkle machine can be built than a Splendide. I have shelves installed in the space and value the storage space more than a washer/dryer.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:06 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I read on a blog to take the clothes out before they are fully dried, shake them out and fold them. then return them to the dryer to finish drying. We sold our MH before I could try it, so no idea if that works. Also read that using the downy with wrinkle guard is better - not sure if you've tried that?
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:58 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

We've been using the Splendide 2000 combo since 2012. We've never found a solution for the wrinkling, but it's better than using a laundrymat!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:09 AM   #7
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have one and I have read, but never tried, a tip that I saw. After the wash peel the cloths off the drum and fluff them up then dry.

Chances of that happening with us is about zero.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:15 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
We have one and I have read, but never tried, a tip that I saw. After the wash peel the cloths off the drum and fluff them up then dry.

Chances of that happening with us is about zero.
That helps, but it's still a problem!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:33 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Smaller loads help with the wrinkles - the clothes tumble better. Resist the temptation to do laundry once a week - a few things in the washer every day works much better. And of course avoid leaving them lying there after the dryer cycle finishes.

For things that really need to be wrinkle free, take them out damp and put on a hanger to dry (outside if possible).

We used to throw a few things in the washer when we got out of bed in the morning and they were dry by the time we were ready to go anywhere.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:46 AM   #10

We have the same problem with our splendide combo over the past few years, "rare" occasion we use it if hooked up.

Find it's really only good for very small loads, and being of UK origin 3 decades back, we are into ironing "everything", but have to spray wet trying to get wrinkles out often times during ironing, and it still doesn't work very well.

Find it best to use only as a washer and hang to dry, or if we have damp swim towels, on dryer only cycle, but not overdry.

For most part as we dry camp mainly with lots of solar, I tend to handwash small items and dry in bathroom or if can be discrete outside (smells awesome from air drying!) and the bulk of our laundry including bedding, towels, jackets etc will stop at a "reviewed very clean" Laundromat once every 2 to 3 weeks for an hour halfish and just get all done at once. Latter is easiest we've found when we got used to it.
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:24 PM   #11

Well the Splendide.com website has been redesigned and many helpful hint webpages eliminated.
Their combo unit will wash 2x as many clothes-by weight than it will successfully dry. If wrinkle-free clothes are desired, stop the unit between the spin-dry and dry cycles, remove clothes, fold them neatly, replace in unit and start dry cycle.
This the best of my memory from the old Splendide wash/dry tips of yesteryear.

For anyone who dislikes that, feel free to install a stackable washer/dryer and eliminate the problem.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:47 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Yep Gary has the best answer. Wash a small load everyday and remove the clothes as soon as they are done and still warm. It is also suggested to use less detergent. This certainly helps with wrinkles but risks not getting the clothes clean. I have started a regimen of a Tbs of oxiclean in the drum and a Tbs of detergent in the tray. This combo cleans well and eliminates most wrinkles. Nothing will help if your are overloading the washer though.
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote